PDA

View Full Version : Give Me Your Opinion

400exmkt
12-10-2005, 06:28 PM
I have a 400 ex with everything in my sig. and i was wanting more out of it without going to the 440. Should i keep my HMF s/o or send it back and get them to make it a full or should i sell it and get a sparks full. Also all i have is a factory carb with choke removed, what size, or brand of aftermarket carb do yall recommend. Plus anything else yall would recommend to get more out of it. Thanks

bwamos
12-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Since you already have the HMF silencer, just have them make it into a full. The new header should help.

Really the only thing I could say for your next step would be to get a higher compression piston and run 50/50 race/pump.

I'm sure the 400ex pros could help out more though.

JOEX
12-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Many recommend the FCR 39 carb. A stock Honda 450r carb is supposed to be a decent improvement too.

eganracing
12-11-2005, 11:51 AM
i run the edlebrock Doug Eichner edition 38mm carb on my racing 440 and i love it. easy to adjust and it just brought my bike to life. i was in a hard crash ounce and i bent some kind of internal paffle or somethiong and they fixed it for free. they got great customer service

Chino886
12-11-2005, 01:37 PM
I've got a Lectron 38mm carb for sale if you are interested...would make a great compliment to the big bore....

DAVE14
12-11-2005, 09:53 PM
a bigger carb would help because the more you get into it the more youll get out of it not necessarily much more fuel but cfm.s ,air volume to the motor I have done pretty much all you have exactlly to mine but its a 440 & 12.5;1 & it severely outruns well modded ex,s all the time ,I do run high test but it hauls ***, it just seems your comp. ratio is a bit mild for the performance you want out of a 426.

CDCHONDAS
12-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Have you looked into Web Cams or a similar design you dont see hot cam specs too often as far as lift and duration but more cam would help, the edelbrock is a great carburetor kindof its really a good concept and works well but they more sensitive than what i would put in and thats a flatslide like the 450r or similar, the edelbrock is many more adjustments and requires more knowhow to tune than the 450r carb, the 450r carb is a good alternative simply because of the price i think msrp is around $228 for a brand new one but you can probably find one cheaper, you will find many people are putting those on things like predators with good improvements, another neat little products are the Dyna FS ignition boxes, they come with an array of curves built in and can be programmed further with the computer program along with variable rev limits and many other feathures

prepracing
12-11-2005, 10:06 PM
you will be surprised from the gains to bump up to atleast an 11:1 piston ( or higher depending on what type riding you do...XC, MX, TT...) then an FCR carb and you will be running with the 440's. Also with the 426 A full system pipe should also increase horsepower