PDA

View Full Version : Rally Racing with quads?

Pappy
12-10-2005, 08:53 AM
I watched a few weeks ago as a local car club set up in a large parking lot and had timed runs thru a course. It hit me that this could be an alternative for quads in areas with little to no organized racing events.

Any input or feedback would be interesting. The only draw back I could see would be from noise complaints:confused:

TheFontMaster
12-10-2005, 09:08 AM
It sounds kinda like supermoto, but without the dirt and jumps. Just some flat track on the pavement. It sounds like it would be fun.

parkers30
12-10-2005, 09:12 AM
for cars they often refer to that as autocross, basically seing how your car stacks up without having to drive to a track

Pappy
12-10-2005, 09:13 AM
i wasnt sure what they called it, everyone kept refering to the cars as rally cars so i went with that:p

i wanted to go get my quad and bolt on some TT tires and hammer it:D

parkers30
12-10-2005, 09:23 AM
would be cool to get going, basically very similiar to supermoto, without the dirt jumps

rollie
12-10-2005, 10:07 AM
i have a little corner on my street and to fly around that sideways on dry pavements is awsome, this type of racing would diffenetly intrest me:D

quadfamily
12-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Parkers is correct, it's called autocross but I thought it had sort of faded out some time ago but I guess that's not true. They had cones setup right?

digga_b
12-10-2005, 11:23 AM
With the SCCA it's called Solo 2. I know they allow shifter carts to race. I don't think they have a class for quads, but, I think that would be a blast to slam your quad and throw some slicks on and go for it. I may have to check into this.....

Here's my Dad's Formula Vee, took 14th in the nation this year in his class.:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/digga_b/DSC_651.jpg

tater_kamik
12-10-2005, 02:09 PM
sounds like fun to me! i know there is this one place i go riding sometimes that is a huge (and pretty smooth) concrete pad. definately a lot of fun to slide around the poles (its covered and has these big poles to hold up the roof) i would definately be happy to try a little racing on asphalt!