PDA

View Full Version : Houser LT Arms

stever250r
12-10-2005, 05:27 AM
I know you stay busy but I was just curious if you have had a chance to work on the a-arms John sent over to you yet?

Pappy
12-10-2005, 06:45 AM
yep, they are being stripped etc. i had a bit of a time getting the ball joints out from where they were painted over the powdercoating.

i tried replying to your pm but your pm box was full:p

stever250r
12-10-2005, 07:33 AM
Thought that might have been what happened. I wasnt sure so I thought I could get you here for sure.

Thanks again, Just PM me an update when they look like they will be ready.

My new address if after the 15th of Dec. will be ......

375 Martin Place
Hopkinsville, KY

Happy Holidays!!!

stever250r
12-19-2005, 03:16 PM
MY inbox is empty this time. Maybe my PM is not working. MY closing on my new house has been delayed so Im still at the same address. Will close tomorrow and be moved by the end of the week.

So.... ... Have you made any progress on my a-arms??

Im trying to be patient, but like everyone else Im anxious to see how they turn out. Hope you understand. :D

Thanks

Pappy
12-19-2005, 03:37 PM
they should be ready this week for me to pc, but i contacted 300exrida and informed him you need atleast 2 new ball joints and locl rings from houser. i can assemble them but i need the parts etc.

i am not sure where he stands on getting me the parts, i will try and contact him.

stever250r
12-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Ok... I will also see if I can get in touch with him. What condition are the other 2 ball joints in? What about the tie rod ends, and the mount bushings?

How much do these cost to replace? Maybe while you have them apart I will just go ahead and purchase the other parts if you think they could also stand to be replaced.

Pappy
12-19-2005, 06:01 PM
hey steve, i tried pm'n you back, maybe try and clear your sent message folder.

i dont believe john knew there was any problems. the reason they were stuck is because who ever installed these used vise grips to hold the ball joint to keep it from spinning while assembling them. there was rust in the grooves so i know it was not done anytime recent.

i will check and see what all you will need, im thinking just 2 lower ball joints and lock rings(snap rings etc)

other then that everything looks ok. i have the spindles and hubs in stripping so ill coat them to match your color scheme...no charge...to help you out on covering the ball joints;)

stever250r
12-19-2005, 06:56 PM
Thanks Pappy,

I had also sent John a PM telling him not to worry about the ball joints. I already have hubs and spindles but if you want to go ahead and spray them go for it .. Maybe a nuetral color...

I will put them on ebay. That will help cover the cost of the ball joints.

Try to PM me again when you get a chance just to see if it works... I emptied my sent folder... it was full.

Thanks again for all your help and just post me some pictures when you get them done..... I like pictures...

Pappy
12-28-2005, 06:14 PM
steve, im going to do everything possible to catch your wife before she heads back out fo town. so far i dont expect any problems at all.

spindles

Pappy
12-30-2005, 08:34 PM
arms now completed

JDiablo
12-30-2005, 08:37 PM
Looks awesome

Steve i tried pm'ing you multiply times to tlel you i got your Pm an i understood all of this,but your inbox was full....i hope your happy,pappy does a good job at Pc and they look awesome,way better then they did

Pappy
12-31-2005, 08:28 PM
hubs are candy red metalic, solid :huh

stever250r
01-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks Pappy... they look great!!! I will have some more stuff for you shortly.. Front and rear calipers in that black you did my cases and rear link in. I forget what you called it.

Thanks John for such a great deal.. Your quad is looking really good BTW. Hopefully I will be able to start work on mine again soon. This move has had me tied up for a bit. I will post some pictures of my progress after I get the arms mounted up.