PDA

View Full Version : riding area in panama city?

416exfreak
12-09-2005, 06:16 PM
has anyone been to or even heard about a dune area for atvs down in or near panama city, i know there is an mx track but i like dunes

USAF Dirtboy
12-10-2005, 10:30 AM
No Dunes in Florida man, well none that you can ride on.

tacundra
12-11-2005, 05:55 PM
the best sand riding you will find around here is on either side of the intracoastal waterway.....the pits where they dredge the sand out of the canal provide some pretty awesome riding.
just dont get caught on them or you'll be fined.

USAF Dirtboy
12-11-2005, 07:01 PM
how do you get there

tacundra
12-12-2005, 10:49 AM
check out google earth to see where the pits area along the waterway, there are miles of them....

Now, from PCB, FL....go north on HWY 79, take a left just before the Intracoastal bridge on Sidecamp Rd. follow the road until you see the first pit on the right.

Or, go north on HWY 79 and cross over the bridge. go a few more miles and take a left on Steelfield Rd. follow the road until it turns to dirt....then take a left at the first crossroads. follow this all the way to the pits.

There is some sweet riding in these areas, but be careful because of hunting season. the hunters dont like us too much.
It is almost no problem when we are out of hunting season.

416exfreak
01-06-2006, 07:40 PM
yea,.............. we want to go but we werent sure that they were there and i jst got my 416 back runnin, so we may go 1 day after huntin season, and we wont get fined, because we wont let them catch us!