PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Fast... Wont Stay Running

jsmith2232
12-09-2005, 03:28 PM
HONDA 400 ex, with everything listed in my sig. ran great last year in the same temperatures, ran great 2 weeks ago in the same temperatures. my idle was a bit fast when it was warmer out and i never changed it now today i started it up and let it idle for 3 minutes or so and it ran great but once it warmed up i couldn't get it to stay running even for a few seconds without giving it the gas to keep it going. Do i have a jetting problem or any Ideas? Also it's not puffing smoke and the gas is fresh.

bwamos
12-09-2005, 03:33 PM
Clean the carb (if you havent already swapped out the spark plug).

Could simply have some debris in your pilot jet or air-jet.

2muchquad
12-09-2005, 07:02 PM
that can happen from time to time where it'll be fine one day and different the next without any changes.all kinds of things can cause this,temp,humidity,barometer etc.even a change in gas.:cool:

bwamos
12-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Also where do you store it? You may have gotten condensation in your fuel and it could have frozen.

jsmith2232
12-10-2005, 03:32 PM
I keep it stored inside of a pole barn. Last night i took it out again and bumped the idle up and it seemed to run fine. Is it possible i just have to have my idle higher in the winter...also i got an old pair of sand sharks and with the fresh 10 inches of snow we just got those tires kick ***.

Rip_Tear
12-10-2005, 06:04 PM
My 400ex doesn't stay started when unless I ride with the choke on for a bit in the winter, once it's really warmed up (drive a bit) it's fine. You might need to have a higher idle for winter weather, but you'd have to decide on that.