PDA

View Full Version : wieght lifting supplements

(T) (L) (U)
12-09-2005, 01:19 PM
i read the thread on ON protien mix and thought i would make a thread just dedicated to bodybuilding supplements. so tell us what you take and how good/bad it works.

urbs

honduh440
12-09-2005, 01:53 PM
it all depends on what you wanna do...... like be a muscle head, stamina, ext ext

MR.BIG
12-09-2005, 01:59 PM
I was taking M-one-t before it got banned unbelievable results. I just bought orastan-e from gaspari nutrition but I haven't tried it yet.

(T) (L) (U)
12-09-2005, 02:15 PM
hondaduhhh maybe you understood me wrong i just wanna no wut you guys are takin

MR.BIG
12-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Creatine works pretty good too!

trx400exxracer
12-09-2005, 02:29 PM
I first took protein witch was satisfying

Then I went on to creatin and I was told by one of my dads friends that does the iron man triathalon not to take "he said that when you have kids your boy will come out with one n*t hahaha and your dauter will have one boob thought it was funny it didn't really help me that good so I stopped taking it

So protein was satisfying so I went back to it

MR.BIG
12-09-2005, 02:39 PM
You will only get so far with protein before you hit your plateau and then you need something stronger to get you over the plateau or you can just keep working your ***** of and eventually you will get above that but it will take about 4 months. I haven't heard anything bad about creatine and I have a son and he came out with both nuts, lol!

honduh440
12-09-2005, 03:01 PM
creatine for me and sometimes protein shakes

trx400exat00
12-09-2005, 03:03 PM
whey protein but i only think its for recovering lol im not sure tho

trx400exxracer
12-09-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
You will only get so far with protein before you hit your plateau and then you need something stronger to get you over the plateau or you can just keep working your ***** of and eventually you will get above that but it will take about 4 months. I haven't heard anything bad about creatine and I have a son and he came out with both nuts, lol!

lol hey did you read that forum that this dude said one of his friends wrecked his quad and had replace his nut with a rubber one hahaha

snox31
12-09-2005, 04:56 PM
I just drink a big ole can of MONSTER and lift longer thats all,I am not out to get big or any thing just try to keep up with younger kids is all.

gun32boarder
12-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Uhh.....creatine will do no harm to you as long as you use it right. Drinking pleanty of water is key. Protein is for recovery and for calories. Drink one after working out and one some time in the day if you would like.

Atreyu
12-09-2005, 05:07 PM
I used a lot of protein, creatine, trak, and animal stack. Anim,al stack worked the best but it gave me some acne so I stopped taking it.

PismoLocal
12-09-2005, 05:14 PM
I took creatine at the start of my junior year in high school and i grew like crazy while i was on it, i also ate like 5 meals a day though. i think part of it was me just filling out naturally too. i stopped taking creatine over summer goin into my senior year and i was noticbly smaller 3 months after i stopped. i went from 155 to around 145 and im 5'9". i started taking ON protien (3-4 scoops a day, mon-thurs) last spring still weighing 145 and have gained about 15 lbs and my body fat is 7%. i also used creatine to get through my plataeus too it works great

tater_kamik
12-09-2005, 05:33 PM
i take creatine, muscle milk, and protein. muscle milk before and after i work out, as well as before i go to sleep. creatine twice a day (excluding cycling days) one of the times before i work out (30 minutes or so) and of course protein shakes... im really liking the combination of the three, i feel great and have been gaining a little bit of mass, but more importantly to me, lean mass. now if i could only find protein that tastes decent...

gun32boarder
12-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Give ON's whey strawberry a try, i can down that with no problem.

Thump_It
12-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Nitro Tech is a good protein, and it tastes decent. It's way better than any other protien drink I've tried. Cell Tech is the type of creatine I used. Used it for 8 weeks with Nitro Tech. Gained 11lbs. I was happy with those results. Cell Tech is a bit on the acidic side, gives ya heartburn.

416exfreak
12-09-2005, 07:34 PM
i wanna start working out, but i need to know a coupla things first, ive heard that u can work outevery day if u do upper body one day and lower the next, and keep switching off like that, and can i drink creatine, im 13 about 5'8" maybe 135 lbs or so, i also play sports(wrestling, soccer, football........everything but baseball)

Robin Hood
12-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
i take creatine, muscle milk, and protein. muscle milk before and after i work out, as well as before i go to sleep. creatine twice a day (excluding cycling days) one of the times before i work out (30 minutes or so) and of course protein shakes... im really liking the combination of the three, i feel great and have been gaining a little bit of mass, but more importantly to me, lean mass. now if i could only find protein that tastes decent...

Tater Ive got muscle milk too, do you take it with milk or water?

I think either way it tastes pretty bad. and when you mix with milk it gets like kinda chunky. Its been working a little though, gained like 5 pnds and benching a little more everytime i work out. :macho

bwamos
12-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
I first took protein witch was satisfying

Then I went on to creatin and I was told by one of my dads friends that does the iron man triathalon not to take "he said that when you have kids your boy will come out with one n*t hahaha and your dauter will have one boob thought it was funny it didn't really help me that good so I stopped taking it

So protein was satisfying so I went back to it

He had no idea what he was talking about. ;) Creatine is a naturally occuring amino acid found in meats.

Creatine if used properly increases the stores of creating phosphates in you type2 muscle fibres. In short it gives you more juice to do just a little more before fatiging.

Creatine is also probably the most studied supplement in history. They have found no conclusive evidence of any negative side effects outside of stomach cramps or indegestion.

All you'll ever want to know about Creatine
http://www.bfitandflex.com/papers/creatine.pdf#search='what%20creatine%20does'

450r#221
12-10-2005, 04:48 AM
M-one -T was great but its gone.Hey Mr Big,Let me know how that O-E works for you.Creatine and real protein(chicken,tuna ,peanut butter)I think your diet is more important.At least 30 grams of protein per meal 6-8 meals and a ton of water.

derekhonda
12-10-2005, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
i wanna start working out, but i need to know a coupla things first, ive heard that u can work outevery day if u do upper body one day and lower the next, and keep switching off like that, and can i drink creatine, im 13 about 5'8" maybe 135 lbs or so, i also play sports(wrestling, soccer, football........everything but baseball)

The reason people do that is because your muscles need 48 hours to recouperate. So if you work your arms and chest on monday, you shouldnt do them again until wednesday. If you are a gym rate, on tuesday you could go and do legs and back. and then repeat

(T) (L) (U)
12-10-2005, 09:34 AM
ok lets go one step further. tell us what your work out rutine is ....

mon-chest & triceps
tues-shoulders
wed-back and biceps
thurs-shoulders & abs
fri- hard core legs
sat-cardio/sometimes off
sun-off

this regiment has givem me the best results so far
also the supplements i take are -good multi vitamin-good protien
and good diet

tater_kamik
12-10-2005, 10:27 AM
i take muscle milk with water, i dont like the milk i can get here, makes me sick!! :ermm: i do a 4 day workout cycle, consists of: day one tri's chest and abs, day two bi's and back, day 3 shoulders and abs, day 4 cardio and random crap. i run a fair amount, eliptical, cycle, etc. i have found its pretty important to vary my cardio a lot or else i get shin splints and get bored with my cardio exercise. i ran today and did a fairly easy 6 minute mile, which i am fairly happy with, since a month ago it was hard for me to do a 6.5 minute mile ( i hurt myself a while back and hadnt been able to run until now) i went and got some new protein today, nitro tech strawberry. hopefully it tastes decent!

(T) (L) (U)
12-10-2005, 02:57 PM
hey you probally already do this but to avoid shin splints have a warm up period before you start to do cardio and then do a cool down period after your done

tater_kamik
12-10-2005, 04:04 PM
sure do! thanks though. i just limit how much i run now, instead vary myself with other excercises. i no longer have been having any problems, and i have dropped my times where im decently happy now. of course part of the problem is my shoes, i have worn out this pair of shocks but i dont like the shoes that are offered here...:ermm: im probably going to have to break down and find some that fit well but i just like to stay with what works for me until i find something better.

yellow400ex05
12-10-2005, 04:32 PM
can you take creatine if you want to gain weight and does creatine make you grow?

How long did it take to gain the weight and if it does help you grow how much have you grown and how long did it take to happen?

I want to gain like 30 pounds before high school so I can at least be a little bigger and heavier.

(T) (L) (U)
12-10-2005, 05:31 PM
yes creatine works but you also have to work out and also i would suggest taking a protein supplement and good multivitamin but be carefull if your taking creatine take it right ---drink lots of water. i found best results by mixinfg with apple juice. you should also cycle the use of creatine like use it for 4 weeks the stop for one or two i found it works rather well.......any more question your free to ask

(T) (L) (U)
12-10-2005, 05:33 PM
ohh and another thing is when you feel you have grown enough and you stop taking creatine your muscles will kinda of like shrink a little bit

fasterblaster09
12-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Well,im 15,5'8 and about 155 pounds.I do workout,and I just started taking 100% whey protein.Im not looking to gain any weight,I was hoping to lose a little.Cause I do have a little gut lol.My friend is taking some kind of diet workout pills from GNC,and he is seeing results and his what was gut is started to form as a 6-pack.Any kinda diet pills that would be non-harmful? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gun32boarder
12-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Don't even bother with diet pills at your age, all you will be doing is harm. Simply put it you will have to work off more calories then you take in.

fasterblaster09
12-10-2005, 07:31 PM
The protein im taking is 20 mg,think thats enough?

(T) (L) (U)
12-10-2005, 10:06 PM
the protien i take is 60grams but hat i came to say is by basically wieght traing you will gain wieght but its a goood wieght its muscle. so if you wanted to slim down alittle i would do high reps low wieght and lots of tummy exercses but dont over do it and also i have no idea about diet pills but i were you i would research them before consuming them

fasterblaster09
12-11-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by (T) (L) (U)
the protien i take is 60grams but hat i came to say is by basically wieght traing you will gain wieght but its a goood wieght its muscle. so if you wanted to slim down alittle i would do high reps low wieght and lots of tummy exercses but dont over do it and also i have no idea about diet pills but i were you i would research them before consuming them

I may sound stupid..but umm,what are reps?

tater_kamik
12-11-2005, 08:58 AM
reps= repititions. or how many times you repeat the exercise during a "set" for example, see someone doing flat bench, and you will see that person push the same weight up x amount of times, then stop. that is one set, and then that person will go up in weight for the next set. i personally do a warmup of one exercise at the beginning of my workout, then do 4 sets of 12 then 10 then 8 and finally 6 for flat banch how many reps you do and sets you do depend on what you are aiming for, mass, endurance, etc.