PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the Truck!

ShiftFMX
12-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Ok, So, last night on my way home from work my Gauge Lights went out, I didnt think nothing of it besides maybe I blew a fuse. Then, I noticed my Fog lights wernt on, so I tryed to turn my lights off, then on again, BUT MY HEADLIGHTS WOULDNT TURN OFF! I pulled over, and noticed: No tail lights(brake lights still worked), no corner lights, and no fog lights, but my headlights stayed on and I couldnt turn them off, even when turning then ignition off! I checked my Fuses with a test light, and noticed that just my gauge light fuse had blown, but nothing else. The only way I got my headlights to shut off last night was to pull the fuses on those! I was wondering if maybe it could be the switch itself...but who knows.

Please help me out guys! Until I get this fixed there wont be any night driving for me because i dont need a ticket for no tails or corner lights. I have to work sunday night so any help would be appreaciated before then!

Woodsrider
12-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Sounds like water in the back of the fuse box. let the truck sit with the engine running and the heater on high. see if the problem goes away.

Butters
12-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
Sounds like water in the back of the fuse box. let the truck sit with the engine running and the heater on high. see if the problem goes away.

what is CHD? Chit Head Disorder :D

Hondadudeehhhh
12-09-2005, 08:45 PM
i dont know what your problem is but i think i saw you at the mall today. You were with some chick, it was in front of pac sun and i was like wow i think i know that dude.

ShiftFMX
12-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
i dont know what your problem is but i think i saw you at the mall today. You were with some chick, it was in front of pac sun and i was like wow i think i know that dude.

Hell F*ckin yeah that was me...thats weird...haha, My g/f was draggin me around I was bored as hell! How'd you know what I look like??? One of those "Show ur picture" threads? lol

Hondadudeehhhh
12-09-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
Hell F*ckin yeah that was me...thats weird...haha, My g/f was draggin me around I was bored as hell! How'd you know what I look like??? One of those "Show ur picture" threads? lol

yeah for some reason i just remembered one of those pictures and the girl friend with the dark hair too. Pretty funny, i was going to stop you and say what's up but i figured i didnt want to look like a stalker or anything in front of the woman

ShiftFMX
12-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Yeah...this girl...? :p

Thats Pretty Crazy, I didnt know anyone from the site lived that Close! How far from the Mall do you live?

Hondadudeehhhh
12-09-2005, 09:55 PM
i live about 15 minutes from briarwood. I dont know if you are firmiliar with dexter at all but i live off of north territorial rd/huron river drive.

NacsMXer
12-09-2005, 09:59 PM
It sounds like your headlight switch/dimmer assembly could be malfunctioning. That switch distributes power to your gauges and controls the switching of head light/fog light on and off so it would be a primary suspect. Your turn signal arm is a switch too that can spontaneously go bad. I had to replace mine a couple months ago because I got the infamous "phantom windshield wipers". Supposedly, it will mess with the headlight function/turn signal function when it goes bad as well.

ShiftFMX
12-09-2005, 10:00 PM
You even been to "The Donovan House is?"

If you know where Lincoln High School is in Ypsi, I live Right down the road from there.

VVVVVV Donovan House VVVVVVV

ShiftFMX
12-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
It sounds like your headlight switch/dimmer assembly could be malfunctioning. That switch distributes power to your gauges and controls the switching of head light/fog light on and off so it would be a primary suspect.

Im ordering One of those In the morning, Hopefully that'll fix it because it's $120!

Hondadudeehhhh
12-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
You even been to "The Donovan House is?"

If you know where Lincoln High School is in Ypsi, I live Right down the road from there.

VVVVVV Donovan House VVVVVVV

oh yeah, ive been to the Donovan house several times, that places freaks me out. The scariest part is the barn :scary:

ShiftFMX
12-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Yeah there Barn Is supposably where he stabbed/hung his dad :eek2: Have you seen the goats there?

bigbadbrad
12-09-2005, 10:39 PM
just curious what kind of truck?

ShiftFMX
12-10-2005, 12:11 AM
Its a 1999 F250 Light Duty....

Martin Blair
12-10-2005, 12:17 AM
I got a problem with my truck as well. SOME ****ER HIT IT. We got 11 inchs of snow, and while im haning out at a friends apartment, so guy backed into my truck :mad: :mad: :mad: . Dented the bed in pretty bad, some paint chiped off, and its gona be quite a bit to fix it, thank good for insurance.

I know what your problem is though. you need a

Woodsrider
12-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Butters
what is CHD? Chit Head Disorder :D

Congenital Heart Defect.

Congenital Heart Defects (CHD) are the number 1 birth defect and the leading cause of birth defect related deaths.
Would you like me to further enlighten you? Or would you like to do your own research before you run off at the mouth again?

QuadRacer041
12-11-2005, 05:25 AM
i was going to ask if you had a plow on thet truck but from the picture you posted i dont see a plow mount so i guess not. sometime some of the relays used on a plow's wiring hareness stick and itr mess's up all your lights.

wvspeedfreak
12-11-2005, 11:16 AM
Sounds like the headlight switch is bad.