12-09-2005, 07:55 AM
I tried to find the thread i saw about pit bikes but no luck

im possibly going to add this manufacture to our company and want some input

www.unlimitedpowercorp.com

thanks!

Tommy 17
12-09-2005, 09:06 AM
pappy they don't look to bad...

they got disc brakes, manual clutches on some wtih 4 speeds, big bore motors, some have electric start, good forks, high seat heights...

from the looks of it they look like a good bike but i know nothing about their reliablity... i'll ask around!

rollie
12-09-2005, 09:10 AM
FTR250Rnif has one....its a pretty good bike...really fast but the rear brake mount rattled loose and the front shock seals blew within 2 months....other than that its an awsome little bike:cool:

12-09-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by rollie
FTR250Rnif has one....its a pretty good bike...really fast but the rear brake mount rattled loose and the front shock seals blew within 2 months....other than that its an awsome little bike:cool: thats what happens when you exceed the weight limit :scary:

12-09-2005, 09:48 AM
I wouldn't. Knockoffs are too unpredictable, most are really ****ty. Alot of dealers started carrying the SDG's, but then they started falling apart. All knockoffs do. Theres no true quality knockoff. The best knockoff is the Sikk mini, Icons are ok, and the SDG, Thumpstar, Pitster, ect. are junk. Baisicly, you will end up with some unhappy people. One thing that you need to do if you do carry them is right when they come in, tighten all the bolts and drain the oil that comes in them, and replace it with good stuff.

jcv400ex
12-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Kenny,

Scott over at champion motorsports has them. Give him a call 814-929-5332, he'll let you know how they are.

Pappy
12-09-2005, 10:50 AM
thanks for the input. i will call around and get some more info also. i am liking the 125cc manual clutch, that would make a easy replacement for one of our TRX90's:chinese:

Chino
12-09-2005, 12:12 PM
before hooking up with them, I would make sure they have all replacement parts in stock and can get them to you within a reasonable time. Most knock off's replacement parts can take up to a month plus to get just a 5 dolla bearing!

rollie
12-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
thats what happens when you exceed the weight limit :scary:

haha, i didnt really ride it that much...but allright

rookiex
12-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Pappy I race and ride pit bikes all the time.Those bikes will go good for a lil while.But parts an stuff are kinda hard to get or it takes awhile to get them.

trx400exxracer
12-09-2005, 11:05 PM
I would get a xr50 that someone has already built you can get a nice one for about $1200

with bi bore forks rear shock graphic and seat kit etc.

I would just go with a used already built honda

rookiex
12-09-2005, 11:09 PM
You know how much i got into mine? lol.

Two brothers everything just about

I shock with piggy back rezzy fast 50 forks rebuilt by TBR

motor work done by fast50 an tbr tbr manual clutch with the new 4 plate set up.I got a grim reaper clutch too for the automatic class that things nutts.

88cc & 95cc takagwa heads with the thing so you can move up to a bigger class. vavles springs the works.

I got like 10 sets of plastic I just run my stockers when i play around out back so I dont screw up my nice set.

4 sets of rims 10'' an 12'' all eccell

Them lil things can get very expensive.And the classes are very competative.

Willy browning is a good friend of mine and he is WICKED on them things.He would eat me alive quad vs his 50.on any track.I think he'd give tim farr around on his 110. dude makes like 10,000 dollars in some races.

Look him up in mini moto mag.

Pappy
12-10-2005, 06:54 AM
thanks for the input, but there is a larger market for these knock offs for people that just want something o play on and do not intend to race.

i sell tech 5, fast 50's etc so building a 50 is no problem, its all in what the customer wnats to spend his coin on. if i wanated to build one id grab our 50 out of the garage and make a few calls personally:D