PDA

View Full Version : HMF EXHAUST spark arrestor???--please respond

Drtridr18
06-26-2002, 11:11 PM
I just sold(i think) my Yoshimura slip-on, in favor of either a Supertrapp or HMF slip-on. Wanted more low-end grunt and a deeper sound. Hear the HMF is kickass for low-end and price, but they say their opt. spark arrestor(which i want just incase) is not U.S. Forestry approved. Kinda leary about that...any of you guys had a problem riding on state land or been restricted cause your spark arrestor screen wasn't the right type? Haha i dunno, I want to get the pipe, but would suck if i got told "no" cause my damn silly spark arrestor wasn't the right kind?

Prolly won't be a prob at all, just being cautious if i ever happen to go riding on state land.

Thanks a lot!!

06-27-2002, 12:36 AM
you could always buy a different spark arrestor insert...

Drtridr18
06-27-2002, 04:33 AM
Yea that would be nice, but they only sell one style on their website...unless; some other company's will fit the silencer also? It does look a lot like a P-C T4 style spark arrestor, i just didn't get the concept of why even making it if it's not forestry approved.

Will any others work??

06-27-2002, 07:34 AM
the Supertrapp is a good pipe too. if you still want more low end just drop a tooth on the front sprocket