PDA

View Full Version : your setup and jetting?

emaxxjeremy
12-09-2005, 03:39 AM
i read the jetting sticky over at 45r.org and it seems something just isnt right. here is my setup
stock motor
uni filter w/open airbox
stock exhaust (may go with the hrc end cap)
dynojet jet kit with needle on #3
currently has a 170 main and about 2.75 turns out on a/f

the problem is it cuts out at upper rpm;s like its lean or being choked. also when it sits and idles, even for a minute, when i touch the gas to take off it just pops and dies

seems to me like a carb issue, probably jetting, but was wondering what other people run with this setup.

oh ya and i am in florida, so its hot, humid and @ sea level

Jersey450R
12-09-2005, 05:02 AM
tear the carb down, clean it, and start over with some new specs.

alot of carb issues (IMO) are coming from the hotstart cable where it goes into the carb. my buddies was ALL GUNKED UP....resuling in a lean condition all the time because it was running with it like half pulled in. if you didnt check that, i would highly suggest checking that. if thats not it, refer to the 1st sentance.

emaxxjeremy
12-09-2005, 05:41 AM
no i havent checked the hot start cable, and really am unsure of how it is supposed to be. ant online photo tutorials on the proper adjustment for it?

Ridin' Jesse
12-09-2005, 09:09 AM
i run a sparks full system, no air box lid, stock filter, 185 main

eagertorace
12-09-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by emaxxjeremy
i read the jetting sticky over at 45r.org and it seems something just isnt right. here is my setup
stock motor
uni filter w/open airbox
stock exhaust (may go with the hrc end cap)
dynojet jet kit with needle on #3
currently has a 170 main and about 2.75 turns out on a/f

the problem is it cuts out at upper rpm;s like its lean or being choked. also when it sits and idles, even for a minute, when i touch the gas to take off it just pops and dies

seems to me like a carb issue, probably jetting, but was wondering what other people run with this setup.

oh ya and i am in florida, so its hot, humid and @ sea level

sounds like you need to go up on the pilot.

MAD450r
12-09-2005, 04:02 PM
correct me if im wrong but I think its the stock exhaust corking it up on topend. As for the off idle issue, i'd clean the carb.

goldrims04
12-09-2005, 10:24 PM
i jetted my 450 i cut to holes in air box w/ same filter stock jet was .118 and i put in a dynojet .135 runs great, i smoked my friends 06 450r it was the best thing i have done to the machine.it might be cutting out at the top because it needs more fuel. i hope this helps.