PDA

View Full Version : Starting Questions

Ineedaex00
12-08-2005, 09:19 PM
My friend bought this 400ex on ebay a while ago and we finally picked it up at the freight company after a great ordeal. Well that night we put all the necassary fluids and gas in it and tried to fire it up. He bought a brand new battery and we charged that also. When you try to start it, it turns over fast but not fast enough. Then when you put a booster on it, it takes right off. When its warm it also fires right back up. What is making it not start when you start it cold, it just doesn't have enough juice but it does cause its a new battery. Just wanted to know what you guys had to say about it. Thanks

Chino886
12-08-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Ineedaex00
My friend bought this 400ex on ebay a while ago and we finally picked it up at the freight company after a great ordeal. Well that night we put all the necassary fluids and gas in it and tried to fire it up. He bought a brand new battery and we charged that also. When you try to start it, it turns over fast but not fast enough. Then when you put a booster on it, it takes right off. When its warm it also fires right back up. What is making it not start when you start it cold, it just doesn't have enough juice but it does cause its a new battery. Just wanted to know what you guys had to say about it. Thanks

Let me guess, it has an aftermarket rev box (CDI) in it.....go back to stock rev box....will fix the problem...

12-09-2005, 06:06 AM
i agree with chino...

Ineedaex00
12-09-2005, 11:52 AM
I'm not even sure if it is a aftermarket rev box. It probably is cause this is a pretty much totally decked out quad that he got for $3000
1999 400ex
Full set laker custom silver plastics
jrd long travel front end
RPM dominator axle
JD tubular swingarm
elka elite front shocks(brand new)
elka dual rate rear shock(brand new)
elka long travel rear linkage
douglas rear beadlocks
ac pro-pegs
everything powdercoated
white bros bumper
430 big bore kit
cam
port and polish
13.5:1 je piston

This thing is like a total show quad and a heck of deal. Thanks

Wandell
12-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Sounds sweet. Any pics?

BuiltBlaster88
12-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Hey guys..it's my ex that he's talkin about...I got a pic of it from the ebay auction yet. As adam stated we're not quite sure what kind of rev box is on it..but I suppose that's the first place I'll start. Thanks. And yeah, I did get a hell of a deal..this sucker's gotta be worth about 10 grand. (besides the few little problems) After havin this thing I can't believe i ****ed around with blasters for so long... :rolleyes:

BuiltBlaster88
12-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Welp, after work tonight I took a look see at the cdi box...it's the stock unit. Now what... :chinese:

400exMO
12-11-2005, 12:03 AM
sorry I can't help you on your starting problem but wow! You got that bike for three grand. I spent more for my stock 03! Get some pics of that badboy and post them. I love your bike.

400exrider707
12-11-2005, 12:51 AM
I remember seeing that quad on ebay. Great looking quad. I found it rather funny though how nice and clean the whole quad was, but the front fender flares were SO uneven. Kinda funny, but other than that its one of the nicest quads I've seen.