PDA

View Full Version : Protein? Who take's it?

Cody_300ex
12-08-2005, 07:49 PM
I just bought some ON whey Protein for weightlifting, Chocolate flavor. Got the 5.15 lbs jug for 30 bucks. By far one of the nastist things I've ever tasted(keep the prevereted jokes to yourself please). I'm mixing it in the blender with 8Oz of milk, 2 ice cubes, and a banana. Any suggestions to what else to mix it with? Does anybody else take this? If so what flavor, Im giving the chocolate to my brother, and buying a different flavor, I'm thinking vanilla or stawberry. thanks

hardkoratvmxr
12-08-2005, 07:51 PM
all protein in my opinion is nasty i just use creotin

Cody_300ex
12-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr

Dad won't let me. :ermm:

troutman561
12-08-2005, 07:56 PM
u get used to the taste after awhile.. make sure ur working out b4 u take it, and work out hard... or ur just gona get fat, also, within 30 min after a workout is the best time cause ur muscles take the protein better

MotoX3
12-08-2005, 08:18 PM
I used some cheap stuff from Wally World in 7th grade...gained about 15 pounds on my bench max and close to 30 on my squat in a little over a month....I could easily tell a difference in sports like football...made me so much more powerful(not in some crazy way) but the taste made me quit.....thats when I started having knee problems...I'm pretty sure all the muscle at once was what did it.....never do that stuff again:ermm:

trx400exxracer
12-08-2005, 08:31 PM
use some ice cream to

do not take creatien unless you are a serious weightlifter it can hurt you if you stop lifting and taking it

after a month or two you should see some pretty good results if you workout like 3-4 days a week

Cody_300ex
12-08-2005, 08:37 PM
At my school, if you play football, it's required you take football wieght training so I work out HARD for 55 minutes every day.

12-08-2005, 08:40 PM

I only use creotin to.

MotoX3
12-08-2005, 08:40 PM
Haha speaking of weight training and sorry to get off topic but this is soooo crazy I have to share....my weightraining coach never wears pants....last year in the middle of November with temps being around 40 degrees he was calling plays in football in shorts....and yesterday the temp was -6...he was wearing shorts and a t-shirt....guys nails

Hondadudeehhhh
12-08-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
Haha speaking of weight training and sorry to get off topic but this is soooo crazy I have to share....my weightraining coach never wears pants....last year in the middle of November with temps being around 40 degrees he was calling plays in football in shorts....and yesterday the temp was -6...he was wearing shorts and a t-shirt....guys nails

hah thats hilarious because my coach is the same way. He wears these goofy *** highs socks every day too.

And troutman said exactly what i was going to say. Work out hard or you will get ***** tits

12-08-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm alot diffrent than alot of you...

I eat captin crunch for breakfast, ( yes it does hurt the roof of my mouth)
for lunch I eat a turkey grinder or sandwitch
dinner I eat either turkey grinder or sadwitch or spagetti or chicken.

for snacks I eat cookies and milk.
to drink I drink gatorade or milk.

Thats it.
and I am suprisingly well built. I work construction which will really wip just about anyone into shape.
my freshman year in highschool I was pretty much a wimp.
sophmore year I got consideribly bigger but wasent so noticible. One day I was wearing my usuall button up shirt and jeans I went up to the biggest seinor in my school ( only like 50 ppl in my school.) and asked him to arm wresel me. he laughed, and said are you serious? I said shure, well I kicked his arse in the arm wresel. lol.
scence then I ditched the button up shirts. and I ALWAYS wear jeens, winter summer dont matter, it is pretty much required to wear jeens working construction. so when it is 100 degrees out, ya youll see me on the job raking concrete with a bunch of hardasses in my carhearts and t-shirt.

I wonder what would happen if I took that proten crap at work?

oh and I am 160 lbs and got a serious set of arms on me. 20 chinups is a breez. yes with my palms facing away, not the sissy way.

Ridin' Jesse
12-08-2005, 09:08 PM

Creatine makes your hearts beat faster...im not takin it..i thought about it, but it messed with ur body way to much and youll probably regret it later..i do take protien sometimes tho..right after i lift..or i just eat alot of foods with alot of protien in em, like milk, eggs, peanutbutter

12-08-2005, 09:15 PM
damn....
lol. I have to much time on my hands.

Robin Hood
12-08-2005, 09:18 PM
I got some muscle milk crap from a local drug store. Tastes pretty bad but its supposed to give you energy.. Havent really noticed a difference, and I work out for like 30 mins a day. :ermm:

brownieboy
12-08-2005, 09:19 PM
ON protien is the best tasting protien on the market. mix it with milk and it task exactly like chocolate milk. i started taking it about a 9 months ago. 4 scoops a day, tuesday thru friday and i work out monday through thurs day and rest on weekends. i went from 145 11% body fat to 160 7% body fat since last april. that stuff is great for getting cut because it has 23 grams on protien and only 110 calories which means that it only has 18 calories that arent protien.

daiglea
12-09-2005, 04:49 AM
Proteins will not make you fat if you take them and dont work out. The purpose of protein shakes is to supplement your diet with the extra protein needed to build muscle. Yes if you don't train dont' take it but if you train hard like i have been for the past 7 years take some but remember that 3/4 the battle is nutrition. Try this. Take your body weight. now you got to intake 2X your body weight in protein, fat and carbs. That is the best formula. If you want a quick equation on how to find how much calories you should be taking PM me. In my mind EAS is the best tasting. 24g of protein and 12 Cabs no fat and only 12 cal. Mix it with milk and it's taste great.

daiglea
12-09-2005, 04:50 AM
O and stay away from creatine and that stuff. Alot of enlarged hearts and bad livers related to it.

blasteracer24
12-09-2005, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by daiglea
Proteins will not make you fat if you take them and dont work out. .

yea it definantly does ask my friend he was taking it nd not okrin out and he got a gut and a half. it looked like cellulite(sp)

daiglea
12-09-2005, 06:23 AM
It was probably something like momoth grow or **** like that that helps to bulk up. But if you take pure whey protein it should not make you fat.

Sjorge450R
12-09-2005, 08:35 AM
im a varsity swimmer and before I start practice I eat a a pure protien bar. (name of it), powerbar, or snicker marathon bar and they help with endurance if that is what you are looking for. I have not gained any weight from them and I think all of them taste great. I would eat them over most normal candy bars any day.

daiglea
12-09-2005, 08:38 AM
Those bars are a different story. Those have a **** load of carbs and calories. Those are meat for hight endurance sports. Lifter and marathon swimmer or runners requiere a totaly different nutrition planl.

MR.BIG
12-09-2005, 08:57 AM
I would try mixing it with water. I use Muscletech NItro-tec and it doesn't taste bad at all and you can mix with water or milk.
Don't believe half the stuff you read hear either. There has been no negative effects of using creatine. I would want to see proof if there is.

Narly R
12-09-2005, 09:49 AM
At this very moment I am drinking Whey protien with Milk, and Stawberry pop-tarts... I have been lifting for a while now, and have found that the protien drinks help me just a little bit.

daiglea
12-09-2005, 09:51 AM
The only real reason for Protein is to supplement your muscle with the extra protein it needs to repair it self. Resulting in a faster turn around wen it comes to working out.

PismoLocal
12-09-2005, 10:16 AM
i drink protien shakes because i dont get enough protien through out the day to build real muscle. i have poptarts in the morning, fast food for lunch and then a some sort of meat,vegetable and carb for dinner. the general rule of thumb my coach tells me is that you need to intake 1 gram of protien for every pound of body weight. i weigh 160 so i need 160 grams of protien. and i have heard that for muslce growth you only need to get 1 and a half times your basal metabolic rate.mines 1800 calories a day. so for healthy muslce growth i have to get at least 2700 calories. basal metabolic rate is the amount of calories you would need in one day just to support energy to keep your body alive without cutting into you fat stores or muslce tissue.

bwamos
12-09-2005, 12:25 PM
I use GNC Mega Whey Strawberry.
Add water, 1 TBSP of Crushed Flax Seed, and 1/4 Cup of Frozen Blackberries, and blend.

Mmmm.. good...

gun32boarder
12-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Ridin' Jesse
Creatine makes your hearts beat faster...im not takin it..i thought about it, but it messed with ur body way to much and youll probably regret it later..i do take protien sometimes tho..right after i lift..or i just eat alot of foods with alot of protien in em, like milk, eggs, peanutbutter

Why don't you read up on things before you make stupid claims like that. Creatine saturates your muscles with water making it easier for strength and size gains. Creatine is also found in meats so you might want to stop while you’re ahead and you "won’t regret it later".

Originally posted by daiglea
O and stay away from creatine and that stuff. Alot of enlarged hearts and bad livers related to it.

Again, stop with the advice. Please show me any medical report, where creatine was used properly, where damage occurred.

As for the protein, chocolate tastes horrible. I would suggest strawberry.

tater_kamik
12-09-2005, 05:46 PM
where are these kids getting this info from?? last time i looked into it, pure protein doesnt make you fat, and creatine isnt bad for you. and if someone wants to say there havent been long term studies done with creatine since it hasnt been a long time since creatine started being used as a supplement, wrong again! been out since before the 1930's if i remember correctly. i take protein, creatine and muscle milk, and i love the combination of the three. seems very effective. i dont watch my diet very much, but i do eat a fair amount of fruits, and a fairly wide variety of foods to get all of the nutrients needed, not just protein.

whiteflash
12-09-2005, 06:20 PM
i use vanilla and strawberry, just dont mix it with ice cream, it makes it super thick and impossible to drink.

fasterblaster09
12-09-2005, 07:33 PM
I have vanilla 100% whey protein..and i promise you,its not the best taste ever.my friend told me about muscle milk,so i think im gonna try that.

bwamos
12-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
where are these kids getting this info from?? last time i looked into it, pure protein doesnt make you fat, and creatine isnt bad for you. and if someone wants to say there havent been long term studies done with creatine since it hasnt been a long time since creatine started being used as a supplement, wrong again! been out since before the 1930's if i remember correctly. i take protein, creatine and muscle milk, and i love the combination of the three. seems very effective. i dont watch my diet very much, but i do eat a fair amount of fruits, and a fairly wide variety of foods to get all of the nutrients needed, not just protein.

Depends on the type of protien.

Whey protien (the most common kind) can not make you fat.

But it doesn't meant that if you go over your daily caloric intake that the 1/2 pound double bacon cheesburger, large fries & supersize coke isn't. ;)

tater_kamik
12-10-2005, 02:18 PM
yeah, those burgers will make you fat for sure, but those contain a lot more than just protein! but they taste so good... yumm. too bad that whey protein crap i take doesnt taste good at all! but that is why i said pure protein, it seems like a lot of people that havent looked into the effects (negative and positive) of supplements, but instead took what someone said once as a fact, have a lot of misconceptions on supplements. i have found that bodybuilding.com is a great resource for pretty much anything related to bodybuilding.