PDA

View Full Version : badlands

luvmyex
12-08-2005, 06:43 PM
would this place be worth going to from NC? Thinking about a trip somewhere Just not sure where yet. How much is there and what all is offered?

luvmyex
12-09-2005, 07:01 PM
nobody has ever riden there before? must not be all that

gunfreak00
12-09-2005, 09:25 PM
We have not been there yet personally but have been told tales of the place.

We live close to it and see several people who we know ride there and we plan to go. We ride Big rock all summer and it is the same distance away as the badlands.

The badlands is something like 2500 acres and they allow trucks and buggies. Big rock only allows 2 & 4 wheelers ( sorry 3 wheelers) which makes for some really smooth trails unlike the badlands. They say it is really nice place to ride but you can cover it in a few hours.

I personally would not drive that far to go there when there is so many other cool places to ride. The ulimate ( the north east corner of the country) is the Hatfield Mcoy trails in W.VA. 2 times a year they even have festivals for riders and even a ATV parade down main street. You can go anywhere on your quad in town, to hotel and to the trails. The trails run from beginner to you can kill yourself. I had to go thru drive thru on my quad!

Closer to you in Tenn. there are over 10 kick *** places to ride. Save the drive time and stay somewhere else longer.

luvmyex
12-09-2005, 10:30 PM
thanks thats the kind of in put im looking for. Ive been to H-M several time. Even had a yearly pass last year. Ive also been to winkrock in Tenn 4-5 times,thats another great place. im just looking for a great place to ride for 3-4 days this year.

gunfreak00
12-10-2005, 08:33 AM
Try coal creek. when your down in the valley, it looks like the place we rode in Hawaii. Another really cool place to ride is in the Ocala National forest in central Florida. There are many places to camp and stay that you can ride into the park. Mostly sugar sand trails with nice bank turns and some really cool sink holes to ride in. They have several natural springs that are like hot tubs you can swim in year around. Hundreds of miles of trails and cool scenery, cheap too.

parkers30
12-15-2005, 07:44 AM
does it tell you anything that I live 30 minutes away from the Badlands and havent been there in over a year?

I think that place sucks now....