PDA

View Full Version : suspension problems???

brandon34r
12-08-2005, 05:40 PM
i just got a set of works triple rates with rezzies for my 450r off of here and they were just revalved and everything.180 pound rider on +2's,which is exactally what i have.I bolted them on and stood on the front bumper and the whole front end of the quad was nearly touching the ground. what is going on here?and how can i fix them to work properly?
the rezzies are full also..

redrunner
12-09-2005, 07:31 AM
Have you ridden yet? The weight applied by you standing on it does not mean anything until you put the valving to work.

300exOH
12-09-2005, 08:13 AM
I agree with redrunner. I can stand on the front of my quad and compress the shocks almost completely but they are fine when riding. When you stand on the front you are only working the springs and not the fluid/valving in the shock.

TBD
12-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by brandon34r
i just got a set of works triple rates with rezzies for my 450r off of here and they were just revalved and everything.180 pound rider on +2's,which is exactally what i have.I bolted them on and stood on the front bumper and the whole front end of the quad was nearly touching the ground. what is going on here?and how can i fix them to work properly?
the rezzies are full also..
The other posts are correct. Standing on the front bumper tells you nothing. Also, how do you know that the resivours are full?

brandon34r
12-09-2005, 09:46 AM
yeah well i was out on the main roads today with all the snow...(i hadda go to the bank somehow:devil: )and when i hit dry spots and pulled some wheelies,it came down real soft and i almost drug the frame on the ground.
Also,the guy i bought em off of said they were filled,and i believe him cause hes been a great help trying to sell my stuff and everything for me so i dont wanna say that he never filled em

300ex73
12-09-2005, 09:54 AM
If the guy you bought them from had them apart, which I'd say he may have from the sound of it. He may have not refilled them properly. That's the only explanation I can think of going from the info you've given. If they're soft enough that you're nearly bottoming froma wheelie, then you should definitely look into getting them rebuilt.

TBD
12-09-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by brandon34r
yeah well i was out on the main roads today with all the snow...(i hadda go to the bank somehow:devil: )and when i hit dry spots and pulled some wheelies,it came down real soft and i almost drug the frame on the ground.
Also,the guy i bought em off of said they were filled,and i believe him cause hes been a great help trying to sell my stuff and everything for me so i dont wanna say that he never filled em
That's cool that you trust him but what if the nitrogen leaked out. Enough about the nitrogen in the resivour because that is not your problem. First make sure that you have the correct preload on the springs. Adjust them to where you think they have the correct static sag and race sag. If the front end still feels soft then you might need to change springs. The valving in the shock has nothing to do with how it feels when you push up and down on the frontend. Valving is velocity sensative. That means that you would need to ride it to confirm whether the valving was correct or not. The nitrogen in the resivour has nothing to do with the way it feels when you push up and down on the frontend. Make sure the spring force is correct and then if the shocks still don't feel right then start with the valving.

Chino886
12-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by TBD
That's cool that you trust him but what if the nitrogen leaked out. Enough about the nitrogen in the resivour because that is not your problem. First make sure that you have the correct preload on the springs. Adjust them to where you think they have the correct static sag and race sag. If the front end still feels soft then you might need to change springs. The valving in the shock has nothing to do with how it feels when you push up and down on the frontend. Valving is velocity sensative. That means that you would need to ride it to confirm whether the valving was correct or not. The nitrogen in the resivour has nothing to do with the way it feels when you push up and down on the frontend. Make sure the spring force is correct and then if the shocks still don't feel right then start with the valving.

Hey TBD,

Do you do suspension rebuilds?

Chino886

TBD
12-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Chino886
Hey TBD,

Do you do suspension rebuilds?

Chino886
The only shock work I'm doing right now is for our own testing. In the future I might do some for customers but right now I'm plenty bussy with prototypes and testing. If you need your shocks done I highlly recomend Todd at TCS.

Chino886
12-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by TBD
The only shock work I'm doing right now is for our own testing. In the future I might do some for customers but right now I'm plenty bussy with prototypes and testing. If you need your shocks done I highlly recomend Todd at TCS.

Thanks!

teamtackett14
12-09-2005, 08:40 PM
sounds like they are not valved right or the springs are way to soft run your spring down on your shock and turn ur compression to hard sounds like its set up more for a tt track than moto or xc