PDA

View Full Version : New Honda 680

JW450R1
12-08-2005, 05:25 PM
DOES ANY-ONE HAVE THE NEW 680?
WHAT CHANGES WERE MADE FOR 06?

400exc
12-08-2005, 06:48 PM
its the new rincon 700 with 675 cc's, it is fuel injected, and i think lower gearing, which i think is awesome, look in the newest edition of dirt wheels to learn about it.

MudMonsterGrizz
12-09-2005, 11:01 AM
Nothing has been mentioned about the gearing. As for what I know the gearing is just like the 650 Rincon...too high!

MarylandATVcom
12-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Honda changed the gearing on the new machine as well as added stronger components in the transmission. I'm impressed with the low end power and snappiness! When comparing it to my decked out Prairie, Honda did well. They may have fallin short in a few areas on what some riders wanted to see? But I like what they have done and it works for me in my style of riding. If you have any question feel fee to ask I own the 06 Rinny and have already logged a few hundred miles on it.

~coop

homer
02-05-2006, 08:03 AM
I'm looking for a sport-ute to have fun on and maybe harescramble with. I've been looking at the prairie 700, bomb. outlander 800, and the rincon 680. I think I've decided against the outlander due to the hard shifting from drive to reverse and the price (no dealers around here want to deal on one). Just wondering how the Rincon stacks up against the P700 for going fast in the woods. I know the praire has hop up potential up the wazoo, but haven't seen much for the Rincon. I like the looks of the Rinny better though.

400exc
02-05-2006, 08:50 AM
I'm looking for a sport-ute to have fun on and maybe harescramble with. I've been looking at the prairie 700, bomb. outlander 800, and the rincon 680. I think I've decided against the outlander due to the hard shifting from drive to reverse and the price (no dealers around here want to deal on one). Just wondering how the Rincon stacks up against the P700 for going fast in the woods. I know the praire has hop up potential up the wazoo, but haven't seen much for the Rincon. I like the looks of the Rinny better though.

Top speed, the rincon fallsa little short, but that was the 650 version, i dont know about the 680 version, it should keep right up with the prarie 700. If racing a prarie, the rincon wont keep up with it at the start, the praries v-twin engine will pull away really fast! In woods, yea the rincon will keep up with the prarie any day. They both have great power. If you get one of the 650 rincons, beware they start a little hard in the colder weather due to being a little cold-blooded. The 680 rincon is supposed to not have that problem. The problems with the praires is the belt drive, my buddy has one and for the first year he had it, the belt kept coming loose and screwing up the chip inside the engine. But Kawasaki fixed the problem. So what im tryint to say is, they both have there ups and downs, and you will be happy with either one of them. But sicne i am a die hard honda fan, i would get the rincon. I have drivin and raced the outlander 800 already, and man the thing is a beast. It beat me out from the start in 2 wheel drive by about 3 quads length. It barely beat the Prarie out from the start, and was a close race all the way till the end. But in the long run, the 800 pulled away from the prarie because of the bigger cc engine. The 800 can also do some pretty good wheelies ( the prarie can do some good wheelies too, but not as good as the 800 can, at least to me). Yea the 800's are expensive, and i havent drivin one enough yet to see if they are worth the $ or not, but if you get the rinny or the P700, you will be satisfied.

ctrecon06
02-08-2006, 09:23 PM
very good !!! easy start up. idles great very quick pick up. not has hard to turn and easy to push as to the bulky 750 brute force. to me i think its a lot faster!!!!

got to love honda :D