PDA

View Full Version : 450R vs. Cannondale

450Redrider5
12-08-2005, 04:56 PM
Hey I was wondering what would win if a stock 450r and stock cannondale cannibomb raced

JRP
12-08-2005, 05:07 PM
cannondale probably.. riders make the difference.

450rrider69
12-08-2005, 05:10 PM
450r will kill a cannondale. i raced my dudes cannondale against my 450 which was stock and he hat a pipe. i killed him.

JRP
12-08-2005, 05:25 PM
alright well then i guess ppl that posted that a cannondale would kill a 450r was wrong..

450rrider69
12-08-2005, 05:46 PM
i was just saying....

joedirt
12-08-2005, 06:21 PM
I don't know I have both. C-dales are badass machine. It feels like they have more power

weekendracer91
12-08-2005, 06:26 PM
i think the cannondale would because its fuel injected...... im just sayin there fast

450rrider69
12-08-2005, 06:37 PM
if u put the same weight person on it, the r will win. they are lighter than the cdales. my dude clocked his cdale out at 74 with a t-4 pipe on it. he takes real good care of it. his also uses race gas and octane booster. i raced him and i beat him. the stock r goes 78.

SLIDING
12-09-2005, 03:43 AM
The better rider will win! In most if not all races:eek2:

QuadRacer041
12-09-2005, 05:17 AM
i think its a well known fact i HATE dales.
with that said i think that the dale definatly has the faster motor stock for stock.
but.....come race day the 450 will be ready to roll. the dale...its a crap shoot.those motors are ticking time bombs IMO.

rancid
12-09-2005, 05:25 AM
i have my cdale and my buddys 450r here and there both piped and the cannondale always gets the 450r. and if you do all the updates and z400 bearing setup the cdale i think becomes very reliable.

400exMO
12-09-2005, 07:52 AM
The better rider wins.

racermike311
12-09-2005, 08:56 AM
I own a cannondale! and i agreed the better rider will always win.

jesshamner
12-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by 450rrider69
if u put the same weight person on it, the r will win. they are lighter than the cdales. my dude clocked his cdale out at 74 with a t-4 pipe on it. he takes real good care of it. his also uses race gas and octane booster. i raced him and i beat him. the stock r goes 78.

A t-4 pipe from pro circuit? Was that a custom job? PC never made a pipe for cdale. I have never had a problem with a stock 450r on my stock cdale (running the cannibal mapping). I was riding with a friend of mine that is an A class racer. I'm B class. When we came out of the woods I was all over him. We were heading back to the truck and I gave him the nod so we took off. I pulled up next to him waiting for him to pull away from me and he said the throttle was pinned. I was at about 3/4 throttle. I pinned it and left him in the dust. His 450r might not be as fast as others but his was hands down slower than my cdale. He'll admit it too. And in this case, a better ride was beat out by the machine. Of course it was more or less a drag race through an open section with a slight sweeping turn.

kyex40047
12-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by jesshamner
A t-4 pipe from pro circuit? Was that a custom job? PC never made a pipe for cdale. I have never had a problem with a stock 450r on my stock cdale (running the cannibal mapping). I was riding with a friend of mine that is an A class racer. I'm B class. When we came out of the woods I was all over him. We were heading back to the truck and I gave him the nod so we took off. I pulled up next to him waiting for him to pull away from me and he said the throttle was pinned. I was at about 3/4 throttle. I pinned it and left him in the dust. His 450r might not be as fast as others but his was hands down slower than my cdale. He'll admit it too. And in this case, a better ride was beat out by the machine. Of course it was more or less a drag race through an open section with a slight sweeping turn.
Yeah His C-Dale pulled me. It was pretty bad. I have had people get on my 450r and can not beleive how fast it is campared to theres. The C Dale will just flat out pull a 450r. Untill it breaks down:devil:

WhiteZee
12-10-2005, 10:43 PM
kyex's 450r stock will flat out pull mine, and i have a pipe.

anyone who says stock for stock a 450r will pull a cannondale is an idiot.

quad2xtreme
12-11-2005, 08:22 AM
Before you can state your results from a race, you would have to state the gearing for each quad, the tire sizes, and the tire weights.

Even the same quad will have varying speeds if you change these factors. There is an obvious difference between running a 22" tire versus a 20" tire. It makes a difference between a 2-ply mx tire and a 6-ply HD tire too.

/Jon

jesshamner
12-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Before you can state your results from a race, you would have to state the gearing for each quad, the tire sizes, and the tire weights.

Even the same quad will have varying speeds if you change these factors. There is an obvious difference between running a 22" tire versus a 20" tire. It makes a difference between a 2-ply mx tire and a 6-ply HD tire too.

/Jon

They were both completely stock as far as gearing goes. My cannibal still has the original xc holeshot tires (4ply). I think the 450r had xcr (6ply) but not too sure on that one. But.....I was running reinforcement rings so the weight difference was probably minimal.

hnnblehscnnble
12-11-2005, 11:48 AM
my friend and i raced ( both the same skill level) right after he got his 450r and we were both stock.i was on one of our stock cannibals(was stock not anymore) and i had a blaze/speed map in it with rev limiter for trail riding, and i kicked his @$$.a stock cannibal map has a higher rpm range than the map i had in it.and now my dale is far from stock and i still kill all the little honda riders on their decked r's:macho .unless i get a guy with better skill level because like many say rider makes a difference.

rancid
12-11-2005, 11:55 AM
we have yfz,s, 450r,s, and a almost stock canibal in our group and the canibal hangs with my yfz and has no problem beating the 450r,s.

Matt400ex_17
12-11-2005, 12:04 PM
So by the looks of everything we R riders should be more worried about the new ATK coming out and not the Susucki (which by the pics in the magazine does not look that impressive!!) cause they supposidly are fixing everything that was ever wrong with the cannondales and re releasing them.

rancid
12-11-2005, 12:07 PM
no the 450r,s are nice and theres not to many atk,s anyway.

mersingt
12-11-2005, 02:25 PM
if i raced a stock 450r on a stock dale and lost id cry

jesshamner
12-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Matt400ex_17
So by the looks of everything we R riders should be more worried about the new ATK coming out and not the Susucki (which by the pics in the magazine does not look that impressive!!) cause they supposidly are fixing everything that was ever wrong with the cannondales and re releasing them.

I don't think you should be worried at all. Just because the 450r is a little slower doesn't mean that it sucks and can't hold its own. Its not like its a 400ex or smaller. Ride whatcha brought and have fun, kick some *****, or whatever. The 450r is not inferior at all. Just a little slower getting there.

400exrider707
12-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by 450rrider69

Who cares about top speed? Thats not going to win on a track! Plus the difference in top speed could easily be changed with sprockets and different tire sizes. Also what does race gas and octane boost have to do with anything? It doesn't give you more power. In fact octane boost LOWERS the octane rating of race gas, so genius move there!

cheetah
12-11-2005, 08:21 PM
I have both and I believe that stock for stock the dale will win. It just pulls a lot harder.

quad2xtreme
12-12-2005, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Who cares about top speed? Thats not going to win on a track! Plus the difference in top speed could easily be changed with sprockets and different tire sizes. Also what does race gas and octane boost have to do with anything? It doesn't give you more power. In fact octane boost LOWERS the octane rating of race gas, so genius move there!

I think he was talking in a drag race cause I know a 400ex will eat 90% of all these bikes at a track. Truth be told, how many riders do you know that can run a stock 400ex around the track for all it's worth? I am guessing 10% tops. I watch at least 90% of the guys on 450r and YFZs just coast over the jumps. I don't even get the attraction of riding on a track if you aren't going to attempt to hit the lander.

/Jon

WhiteZee
12-12-2005, 02:55 AM
Truth be told, how many riders do you know that can run a stock 400ex around the track for all it's worth? I am guessing 10% tops.
/Jon
something is seriously wrong with your head.

quad2xtreme
12-12-2005, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
something is seriously wrong with your head.

So, are you saying that you think more than 10% of the riders out there will run a 400ex around the track for all its worth jumping everything pinned in 4th gear?

If so, it must be different in your neck of the woods. I've hung out at Rausch Creek, Breezewood, the Landing, and Budds Creek and I don't see it. I see a whole lot of YFZs and 450Rs but I rarely see them clearing the jumps. Don't get me wrong, I don't see the 400ex riders doing it either.

Every one of the jumps at Budds Creek can be cleared on a stock 400ex yet other than the pro classes, only about 40% of the riders clear the jumps during the Nationals.

I am not saying the 400ex is faster, I am saying 90% of the riders out there can't even fully handle the power of a 400ex on a track.

/Jon

bradley300
12-13-2005, 08:09 AM
i'd beleive that, ive seen a 300ex ran at its full potential (or close to it) and they will go alot better than anyone thinks.from what ive seen with the 300ex it wil take alot for most people to ride a 400 or 450 for everything its worth

quad2xtreme
12-13-2005, 08:13 AM
I think he was talking in a drag race cause I know a 400ex will eat 90% of all these bikes at a track. Truth be told, how many riders do you know that can run a stock 400ex around the track for all it's worth? I am guessing 10% tops. I watch at least 90% of the guys on 450r and YFZs just coast over the jumps. I don't even get the attraction of riding on a track if you aren't going to attempt to hit the lander.

/Jon

To be fair, I should have said that I know a good rider on a 400ex can eat 90% of all these bikes at a track. The reason is 90% of all riders can't even handle the full potential of a 400ex.

This is the statement that was in my mind. Stop reading what I wrote and pay attention to what I meant. :)

/jon

WhiteZee
12-13-2005, 02:21 PM
you said stock machine, not full potential or modded.

quad2xtreme
12-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
you said stock machine, not full potential or modded.

I mean 90% of the riders out there cannot handle the full potential of a stock 400ex. Basically, I am saying there are a whole lot of people who own the 450r, YFZ, and Cannondale's who could have just purchased even a 300ex like the other forum member mentioned. I am talking about the people who approach a 40' tabletop and clear about 12'. And yes, I can definitely say that is way than is way more than 1/2 of the riders I observe. Many of them have the nicest setups with +2 a-arms and Elka shocks too.

Am I the only one with my eyes open at the tracks? It is okay to be honest. I know I certainly can't handle the full potential of a stock 450r on the track yet. I hope to though. Anyone can peg a 450r on a straight away. I am talking about taking it all the way around the track taking every bit it can handle and wishing you had more throttle.

/Jon

quad2xtreme
12-13-2005, 02:39 PM
To be fair, I should have said that I know a good rider on a 400ex can eat 90% of all these bikes at a track. The reason is 90% of all riders can't even handle the full potential of a 400ex.

This is the statement that was in my mind. Stop reading what I wrote and pay attention to what I meant. :)

/jon

My new statement just to clarify even more:

To be fair, I should have said that I know a good rider on a 400ex can eat 90% of all these other riders on the 450r, YFZ, and Cannondales at a track. The reason is 90% of all riders on these high end sport quads can't even handle the full potential of a stock 400ex.

danyeo
12-14-2005, 03:52 PM
I used to own a Cannibal, and my friend on his 450r beat me in short drag races. BUT, i kept screwing up with shifting. I often had to kick the hell out of it to get it out of 2nd gear. Once i was in 4th and on the gas i would gain massive ground on him but i would always run out of room. My old C-dale was a Piece of GARBAGE. I spent a few thousand bucks keeping it together until i was frustrated after the engine blew the second time. If you're skilled with that engine then go for it. Some people can keep them together and people are getting some seriously sick HP from the Dales. I wish those quads were reliable, but they are NOT. They are extremely fast, BUT, you need to be a good rider and skilled in the drags.

If i could have done it over again i would have bought a 450r and would have been happy with a solid reliable quad that i could count on.

QuadRacer041
12-14-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by danyeo
I used to own a Cannibal, and my friend on his 450r beat me in short drag races. BUT, i kept screwing up with shifting. I often had to kick the hell out of it to get it out of 2nd gear. Once i was in 4th and on the gas i would gain massive ground on him but i would always run out of room. My old C-dale was a Piece of GARBAGE. I spent a few thousand bucks keeping it together until i was frustrated after the engine blew the second time. If you're skilled with that engine then go for it. Some people can keep them together and people are getting some seriously sick HP from the Dales. I wish those quads were reliable, but they are NOT. They are extremely fast, BUT, you need to be a good rider and skilled in the drags.

If i could have done it over again i would have bought a 450r and would have been happy with a solid reliable quad that i could count on.

amen my brotha

jesshamner
12-14-2005, 08:20 PM
Ahhh...same old story. Cannondales are fast but unreliable. I get sick of that. $500 can get a solid cannondale that is way faster than any 450r.

QuadRacer041
12-15-2005, 05:37 AM
Ahhh...same old story. Cannondales are fast but unreliable. I get sick of that. $500 can get a solid cannondale that is way faster than any 450r.

your right same old story put $500 into it and still same old problems.

Derno24
12-15-2005, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
i think its a well known fact i HATE dales.
with that said i think that the dale definatly has the faster motor stock for stock.
but.....come race day the 450 will be ready to roll. the dale...its a crap shoot.those motors are ticking time bombs IMO.

Lou are you getting soft in your old age? Something positive about the Cannondale coming out of your mouth?

WOW! I'll take it. Trust me there is the answer to your question right there cause Lou is definitely a hater of the Dale's and owns a 450r. The rest of the post is a wash for me.

Danyeo: How have ya been? You should drop me a line when you get the chance.

jesshamner
12-15-2005, 08:41 AM
your right same old story put $500 into it and still same old problems.

www.cannondaleriders.com

QuadRacer041
12-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
Lou are you getting soft in your old age? Something positive about the Cannondale coming out of your mouth?

WOW! I'll take it. Trust me there is the answer to your question right there cause Lou is definitely a hater of the Dale's and owns a 450r. The rest of the post is a wash for me.

Danyeo: How have ya been? You should drop me a line when you get the chance.

maybe, im just sick of telling everone what pieces of crap they are.if people want em thats there problem. lol

besides ive admitted that brian's moto was fast as he11 before.just a time bomb waiting to explode.

thank god he sold it.1 down, 1 to go, lol

hey you going to that race down at budds creek next month??

QuadRacer041
12-15-2005, 03:43 PM
www.cannondaleriders.com

why would i want to go there?????
to listen to all the people tell everyone there cannondale problems but yet say how great they are.:rolleyes:

jesshamner
12-15-2005, 09:33 PM
why would i want to go there?????
to listen to all the people tell everyone there cannondale problems but yet say how great they are.:rolleyes:

I just thought you might want to get some up to date information.

Derno24
12-16-2005, 04:03 AM
maybe, im just sick of telling everone what pieces of crap they are.if people want em thats there problem. lol

besides ive admitted that brian's moto was fast as he11 before.just a time bomb waiting to explode.

thank god he sold it.1 down, 1 to go, lol

hey you going to that race down at budds creek next month??

I'll be at Budds Creek with my Dale that doesn't work.......Hmmmmm nope still works!:blah:

QuadRacer041
12-16-2005, 08:17 AM
I'll be at Budds Creek with my Dale that doesn't work.......Hmmmmm nope still works!:blah:

ohh so you rebuild that super falicon cranked stroker best then you can ever buy motor?????

Derno24
12-16-2005, 08:48 AM
Nope, but I seem to remember you having troubles with the R you don't own any more.:D :blah:

I am running the stock motor.:macho

QuadRacer041
12-16-2005, 09:04 AM
Nope, but I seem to remember you having troubles with the R you don't own any more.:D :blah:

I am running the stock motor.:macho

what do you mean dont have. im running it at budds.my problems were not unreliable engine trouble it was hub bearing and a flat.i didnt blow 2 motors in one race.