PDA

View Full Version : NJ riding on the road in a state of emergency???? quick reply please!

yellow400ex05
12-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Is it legal to ride the roads in a state of emergency with a quad in NJ? please give me a good reply i need a quick one too. I know you need a lisence to do it but the cops won't stop or catch you anyway.

Hon300ex
12-08-2005, 03:56 PM
i dont think its legal to ride around and do donutes on the rode in a state of emergency. maybe if a cop saw you at buying food or something it would legal.

does anyone know if you can ride a dirt bike?

MR.BIG
12-08-2005, 04:06 PM
NO it's not legal but who cares it's not like they are going to be able to catch you unless they follow your tracks back to your house!

mrusk
12-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Its not legal. Anyone who tells you it is is dumb. You just have a 99% better chance of NOT GETTING CAUGHT.

deathman53
12-08-2005, 04:26 PM
no, you are not allowed, but if its bad enough and you are going to buy food or something of a living nessecity, most cops won't mind. this does not mean flying down the road on a 250r, 400ex, etc, it means going a reasonable speed on a atv with racks, a small trailer, etc.

mrusk
12-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Honestly i bet most cops would not harass kids riding down the road to get to the trail head in normal weather if they did it resonable. I always would ride on the shoulder going 5-10 miles an hour.

My friends would just blast down the road pinned. Running all stop signs and red lights.

Evana13
12-08-2005, 04:36 PM
I know for a fact that you can ride on unmarked roads in w vigrina and I think virgina

12-08-2005, 04:45 PM
I know that snow instantly makes any fourwheeler instantly legal ot drive on the road.

just dont be a dumbass and leave from your house

deathman53
12-08-2005, 04:48 PM
I got caught riding down the road 3 years ago, reg/ins and going down the road at about 10 mph saved me alot of money. there used to be a place where I rode that you had to go down the road about 1/8 of a mile, most of the reasonable people(including me) crossed the road and rode on the sidewalk going slow, but afew of them had to go fast, not looking, and they happened to cut off a cop, well, two weeks later, there was a huge bust over there, I knew about it the day before, so I didn't get caught, from my understanding they got about 20 guys, they would have gotten alot more, but I didn't keep the secret very long and with-in an hour 30-40 people knew of the bust. another place where I used to ride, you had to cross a road and go down a road about 600 feet to a dirt road, well all the neighbors called the cops as, people HAD to fly down the road, do wheelies, etc. I came out of the woods, put the bike in neutral and pushed my bike(like always), the cop busted my ball over the bike running, but I lost my kicker, so the cop understood, infact the neighbors told the cop that was sitting on the road, not to bust the guy with the trike, as he always pushed the bike and shuts the bike down, again, some couritsy(sp) saved me money and police trouble. These guys have no understand of what makes the cops mad, if they don't it is: flying down the road, not looking when they cross roads, doing stunts, very loud bikes, not pushing the bike/idling it in residential neighborhoods. Very simple things can prevent the phones at the police station from ringing.

Mxjunkie
12-08-2005, 04:50 PM
screw riding on roads anyway just go ride in your damn yard etc.

JRP
12-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by mittimj
I know that snow instantly makes any fourwheeler instantly legal ot drive on the road.

just dont be a dumbass and leave from your house

agreed

12-08-2005, 05:13 PM
I know a kid that went road ripping from his house when we got like a 3 inch storm. both neibors called the cops, and the 3 cars that he passed all called the cops. Ya, he isnt to bright of a kid.

I have been busted once for ripping up the road. I usually keep it in 3rd just put put puttting along. ( normal weathere condtionts)
but I have had ppl call cops on me for doooing that just as much as ripping 5th gear weelies doun the road.

but when I do go out in the snow I dont
leave from my house
travel on any of the roads that I would be useing in normal condtions for trail riding.

but seriously, when it is a snow storm, a quad goign doun the road isnt goign to hurt anyone but the driver. who give a smack about the dumbass goign 5th gear into a telephone pole, its his own darn fault.

JRDrider22
12-08-2005, 05:22 PM
when we had a big storm last year, i rode to my friends house. There wasnt any one on the roads. I had a blast. I didn't go past the limits though. I just pretened I was like a car driving, then on back roads..ripped it up

12-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
screw riding on roads anyway just go ride in your damn yard etc.

well when you live in jersey you dont have yards like PA lol.
But the mintue the roads are covered with snow, the cops just quit and the quads and bikes rule lol. well thats whats it like in my town atleast.

2004-400ex
12-08-2005, 08:45 PM
i may be rong but in a state of emergancy nothing is aloud on the roads. and you should not be on the road in the first place.

Robin Hood
12-08-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
well when you live in jersey you dont have yards like PA lol.
But the mintue the roads are covered with snow, the cops just quit and the quads and bikes rule lol. well thats whats it like in my town atleast.

Yeah west milfords great for that.

How far away is route 23 from you? I can get there all the way from the rockaway mall, and with this huge snowstorm coming I think road might be a little more fun. :devil:

eastPAex
12-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Hlaf the cops near me ride, so as long as theres a decent amount of snow on the ground and your just riding around the roads obeying traffic signals, they dont really seem to mind. There are so many people that do it, i have even seen familys out riding with young kids. theres no need to be out on the road the minute the first snowflake hits the ground.

beerock
12-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
Yeah west milfords great for that.

How far away is route 23 from you? I can get there all the way from the rockaway mall, and with this huge snowstorm coming I think road might be a little more fun. :devil:

do you guys really think its like that? Im in ringwood and I think those guys would chase us in a second. not very far obviously, but then your running from the cops.

exrider44
12-09-2005, 02:43 PM
I dont think Ringwood cops are chasing anyone anymore in the snow. Beerock you know Falk. He had one chase him on his 400ex a couple of years ago and the cop totalled the car into a tree haha! Rip it in the snow!

12-09-2005, 02:53 PM
I just went for a road rip. went and visited a cupple ppl. I also had my gf on the back. No cops but a couple people with sticks up their but hole tried to stop me. One guy was in a pickup with a plow and was pulling into my lane. There was no way I could have stoped if I wanted to. So I just squeazed by his snowplow and the snow banking.... then 2 seconds later I was pasing a truck, this guy also must have had a stick in his but hole because while I was passing him he put me in the snowbanking.:o I pulled out of it, but it was scary.

Then some fool in a geo tracker tried to pull infront of be. but they where dumb.
Oh and I saw my gf's dad,:eek: , but he luckily dident recognize us.. I hope..

oh and btw 400ex sucks in the snow.

414exredneck
12-09-2005, 05:29 PM
NJ sucks for quad riders. I get in to this arguement all the time with my dad. (We live almost out in the middle of nowhere) I say, as long as you obey all of the traffic laws, people including cops will be ok with riders on the roads, but, you always have to have the people that ruin it for everybody else, speeding, racing, you kno. Like, I have passed cops on the roads before going the other way, they never turned around. But, like I said, NJ is pretty much the worst state to live in if you are a hardcore rider.

400exrules
12-09-2005, 06:22 PM
what could/would a cop do if your puttin down the side of the street in normal weather?

cuz we dont get much snow, it just gets cold as balls, so i cant go ridin, so i just go around the block every week or so to keep the battery charged till it warms up

12-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
what could/would a cop do if your puttin down the side of the street in normal weather?

atv on the road. lose liscense for three months in Illinois and had over $700 in fines

Plante400
12-09-2005, 10:56 PM
the thing with this is..

if your riding neiborhood roads or less traveled roads. the cops will usually let it slide.. if u even see a cop which isnt a good chance in a neihborhood area during a snow storm..

i just rode tonight with a friends all over the town and didnt see a cop. and i dont think it wouldve been a big deal if we did..

well.. just dont do anything too stupid that could cause an accident and you should be all set i think...