PDA

View Full Version : 300 ex power packages

drybranch
12-08-2005, 12:25 PM
After being a lurker for a while I have joined up. I have seen all the posts about exhaust, jetting, etc. My question is are there any popular power packages out there. Something that comes with the pipe and appropriate jets. I have a KN filter and outerwear but want some good bolt on and go power. Trying to stay under $300.

bwamos
12-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Most pipe companies like HMF will give you the proper jetting when you buy their pipe for a pipe/filter setup. You just have to ask for it. ;)

bustedknuckle
12-08-2005, 06:44 PM
My Son Has A Hetrick Pipe.We Didnt Have To Change A Thing Only Move The Carb Needle.It Gave Him Great Power All The Way Around.It Costaround 330.00

drybranch
12-09-2005, 07:43 AM
Thanks. If the company helps me out on proper jetting I should be able to handle it myself. Now I notice removing the air lid is often needed. How necessary is this and is it worth the risk-my concern is water. my second question I realize has been mentioned many times- but here goes.
What would be a good pipe and header for my 300 ex considering my $300 limit?
Thanks ahead of time-I have searched this subject but have not found answers considering price.

300exOH
12-09-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by drybranch
Thanks. If the company helps me out on proper jetting I should be able to handle it myself. Now I notice removing the air lid is often needed. How necessary is this and is it worth the risk-my concern is water. my second question I realize has been mentioned many times- but here goes.
What would be a good pipe and header for my 300 ex considering my $300 limit?
Thanks ahead of time-I have searched this subject but have not found answers considering price.

You don't have to remove the lid. You will just have to use smaller jets since there is less airflow with the lid. The best pipe under $300 would be a HMF slip on( I think they are around $220 or so). The only full systems you will find under that price would be DG or Cobra but I wouldn't go with either of those. You'll get more power out of the HMF. If you want a little more airflow you could use a GT Thunder velocity stack. It should keep the majority of the dirt/water out of the airbox but you will have to jet accordingly.

bwamos
12-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Correct. Removing the airbox jsut helps with airflow. I raced XC and I never ran with a lid on. I just left the drain plug off of the bottom of the box. It protected from splashing, but if any water did get in, it ran right back out.

gunfreak00
12-09-2005, 07:41 PM
How loud is the HMF pipe?

Is it better than FMF's Q2 pipe?

We are building a 5 acre track in the back yard and are surrounded by neighbors. I would like to only bother a few. We aimed the rearof the drag strip to direct all that noise to one lucky neighbor!

I would like better than stock but not loud as hell.