View Full Version : racing tips

stc416rider
12-07-2005, 06:24 PM
i will be racing a 416 or 426 next year w/ an hmf pipe

it will be harescrambles

any tips

dopeyferree
12-08-2005, 08:01 AM
Couple of Racer Tips, Get in shape and practice alot. Alot of people dont realize how tiring hare scramble/XC racing is. Be physically ready to race. If you wore out halfway through the race your not going to do well.

Machine Tips
Maintenance. Go over every nut and bolt and make sure they are tight. You got to make it to the end of the race. As far as what to do to your bike. 2 most important things are Skid Plates and good tires. Any suspension work you can do will help alot, steering stabilizers, shocks.

Ride smart, dont go out balls to the walls and crash right off the start. Pace yourself and have fun.

12-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by dopeyferree

Ride smart, dont go out balls to the walls and crash right off the start. .

pshhh. balls to the walls all the way. think the pros go, hmm.. my thumb hurts from pushing the throttle lever,, I think I am just going to run half throttle this section. HECK no. mash it!!

but seriously, getting in shape makes a big diffrence. eat spagetti the night before your race, shure you will have some smelly farts but hey it makes you go faster.

KILLSWITCHngage
12-11-2005, 08:54 AM
camelback. and good hand grips. i use spider grips

blasteracer24
12-11-2005, 09:34 AM
you got a link to pider grips

XCRACER26
12-11-2005, 03:04 PM
get a good set of handle bars ant tires too.

rollie
12-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by mittimj
pshhh. balls to the walls all the way. think the pros go, hmm.. my thumb hurts from pushing the throttle lever,, I think I am just going to run half throttle this section. HECK no. mash it!!

but seriously, getting in shape makes a big diffrence. eat spagetti the night before your race, shure you will have some smelly farts but hey it makes you go faster.

how does eating spaggetti make u faster? lol

Robin Hood
12-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by rollie

Carbohydrates.

12-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by rollie

actually it makes a suprizing diffrence.

KILLSWITCHngage
12-11-2005, 10:17 PM
www.spidergrips.com
:devil:

dirtdigger71
12-12-2005, 09:02 AM
just ride smart,you dont win the race on the first lap,you gotta be there at the end ,the more you practice and just watching the other riders ,the more you will learn and the better you will be.
good luck!