PDA

View Full Version : must haves for a good XC bike?

06-26-2002, 07:19 PM
what are some good mods for a XC bike? i know sprockets and skids... please list others

06-26-2002, 07:23 PM
tall tires
nerfs
lower the gearin abit
widin it up a tad if possible, spacers or expensive stuff
shox
and so on

06-26-2002, 07:26 PM
alright, thanks dude

Dave400ex
06-26-2002, 07:30 PM
Shocks
Some Race Rims
6 Ply Tires
Steering Stabilizer
You might want Hand Guards
Pipe/Filter/Outerwear Jetting
and maybe some Motor Work

06-26-2002, 07:54 PM
i already got the pipe and silencer, i'm not sure if i want the outerwears though

Dave400ex
06-27-2002, 07:48 AM
Well here`s how I am doing it for Mine.

I got an AC Full Chassis and Swingarm Skid first.
Then I got the AC Bumper and Shockwears.
I saved more and got a TC Pipe with a K&N/Outerwear and had my Carb Re-Jetted.
My last thing was Nac`s Headlight Covers.

Now I am saving and about have Money for Elka Front Shocks. Then I will save for the Rear Rebuild.

After I have the Shocks I am going to get some OMF Race Rims with Inner and Outer Rings with 6 Ply Razr`s. I will get the Rears first and then save for the Fronts.

Then after that it`s just some Motor Work and some other little Stuff.

Teufel
06-27-2002, 07:52 AM
I am with warrior man.........after the skids spend $ on the suspension, str damper ect . before pumping the motor up

Pro400EXC
06-28-2002, 09:03 PM
Yah what Warrior Man said is right,but i run HairScrambles with stocks everything,well except for the Bars,Pipe,Shocks,and XCR rears and AC Bumper.hehe

Anyways,get a bumper,skid plate(down the road get a swingarm skid,like a Pro-Tect),then get Tires, and you don't really need rims,until you bend yours.Because the stock are real strong.

Then down the road more get shocks,bars (if you haven't bent yours yet) I belive you don't really need a axle,handle bars,or rims until you break or bend you stockers.or if you don't like your stockers.

Also nerfs,so people run them,but majority of the top riders don't run them,Bill Ballance does,but Barry Hawk doesn't,and Barry has more championships in XC than anywone,so he must know a thing or too about it,hehe :D

Ight Thks,
Pro