PDA

View Full Version : look at this

12-07-2005, 03:06 PM
does the school system have english classes anymore where spelling and grammer are taught? just wondering because i see a lot of incorrect spelling and grammer...

i know these are no big deal forums...and some loose grammer is ok...i do it a lot too...but come on , let's try and make yourelf not see, like an idiot by posting a run-on sentence that is actually 20 sentences together without any punctuation and any breaks to signify a new thought starting...

and the spelling...i could understand hard words, but i see people spelling the word "know" as "noe"...that is not a typo...there is no excuse for that...read a book every once in awhile and learn to spell...it will make life easier on you in the future...

if this is the future of our country, then i am sure we will not be a superpower for long

wilkin250r
12-07-2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah, and capital letters at the beginning of sentences, too.

I can see this thread getting locked in a hurry. :rolleyes:

12-07-2005, 03:11 PM
no caps at the beginning of sentences is ok...that falls under the loose grammer...one less kesstroke for those of us that aren't the greatest typers...

insaneracin2003
12-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
no caps at the beginning of sentences is ok...that falls under the loose grammer...one less kesstroke for those of us that aren't the greatest typers...
Ummm,should'nt that be "keystroke"? Just busting your chops,man.

12-07-2005, 03:34 PM
NO OFFENSE TO THIS SITE, ANYONE ON IT, OR ANYTHING AFFLIIATED WITH IT. But this is the worst site for grammar and stuff. There's always kids who type like this "wowz ur 400ex is awsum" etc. I'm not trying to start a big flame war or anything...but on Bluetraxx, the admin made a spelling grammar rule wich is AWSOMEEEEEEE, like it really is without all the typing like this "lm***ondahkjahkjlshfkljsdhfka lok at da burd"

Scro
12-07-2005, 03:43 PM
does the school system have english classes anymore where spelling and grammer are taught? just wondering because i see a lot of incorrect spelling and grammer...

i know these are no big deal forums...and some loose grammer is ok...i do it a lot too...but come on , let's try and make yourelf not see, like an idiot by posting a run-on sentence that is actually 20 sentences together without any punctuation and any breaks to signify a new thought starting...

and the spelling...i could understand hard words, but i see people spelling the word "know" as "noe"...that is not a typo...there is no excuse for that...read a book every once in awhile and learn to spell...it will make life easier on you in the future...

if this is the future of our country, then i am sure we will not be a superpower for long

I agree. And we need to begin with your post.

quadmaster88
12-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
... "lm***ondahkjahkjlshfkljsdhfka lok at da burd"

haha dat sum dope *** chit nig's....... Really, if I can read the sentence, then it's ok with me. I believe if you want proper english go to a dirtbike forum or something. An enlish forum might work, we're quad riders, that's all we know. Oh yeah and it be hard fo me dawg... CAUSE IM GANGSTA!

stc416rider
12-07-2005, 03:53 PM

u r a freakin moron ur talkin about spellin stuff right

try spelling grammAr right :mad:

stop being a hipocrite

i know im not the best speller in the world but i dont vent about it and then spell things wrong myself

idiot:grr:

12-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Like I said loose grammer is ok. I can type correctly, that is not a problem. The internet allows for toned down grammtical style. Most of the post are hard to read. I can read at a very high level, but i have to read some things three or four times to fully understand it. If the author of such post can learn to turn on a computer and find this website, they can learn to spell and use a little bit of grammer.

Obvious typos are ok, I know that I usually type "nad" instead of "and." That is an obvious typo, as was the typing of "kesstroke" in my second post of this topic. But to say "my quad is for sell" or "I saled my 250r today" is just wrong. There is nothing i can say about this, except ignorance of the english language. I understand if you are in another country, then it is acceptable as english may not be your primary language. You may also have different uses of words, but some thing are just pathetic.

bama450r, what would you change about my post? is it the fact that i separate my sentences with "..."? That is minor to the post that have 30 lines without anything to let the reader know that one sentence has ended and another has begun. This is the internet, not a graded paper, so an occasional run-on sentence is acceptable.

12-07-2005, 04:04 PM
so the gammmer/grammar was a typo. it happens and is ok, but know/noe is not a typo. the blatent misspellins are what i am talking about

stc416rider
12-07-2005, 04:06 PM
yeah there r those ppl

they r jus tryin 2 type things faster

still dude u have some anger problems if ur so mad about miss spellings

Tommy 17
12-07-2005, 04:07 PM
sorry but most of us don't have time to use proper grammer... its the truth that mayb you old people can't realize... while were talkin to 20 people... have another 5 people in the room goofing off... singing to music... etc...

the last thing we care bout is GRAMMER! we type what ever we can the fastest possible and get it done with... sale sell sail all the same thing... say we look like morons... none of us really care haha

not tryin to be an ***... just statin the truth

stc416rider
12-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
sorry but most of us don't have time to use proper grammer... its the truth that mayb you old people can't realize... while were talkin to 20 people... have another 5 people in the room goofing off... singing to music... etc...

the last thing we care bout is GRAMMER! we type what ever we can the fastest possible and get it done with... sale sell sail all the same thing... say we look like morons... none of us really care haha

thats what im sayin

12-07-2005, 04:11 PM
i am not old, and i don't have anger issues

most of these people post like that are trying to be taken seriously. it is hard to take them that way when they sound like an uneducated person.

if you have that many friends over yelling, singing, and other stuff, then maybe you should be paying more attention to them and post later

derekhonda
12-07-2005, 04:12 PM
What cracks me up is his statement about run on sentences.

Thats a 55 word paragraph/sentence, congratulations.

stc416rider
12-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda

looks like he should go to english class:p

12-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda

ummm no, it is broken up by "..."

again loose grammar, some things are acceptable...i am not asking anyone to turn in a college level piece of work, just make it readable/understandable

Hondadudeehhhh
12-07-2005, 04:32 PM
ummm no, it is broken up by "..."

which is a run on, not a period. ... does not end a sentence. You made yourself look kind of dumb by posting this, and i do agree with you. Some people on here do look like idiots but oh well who cares. If you don't like it move to a different site. Those people aren't hurting you, eventually they will filter out of the jean pool themselves by being in some type of accident. It would do society some good in my opinion

AtvMxRider
12-07-2005, 04:38 PM
You think you can read this......................STFU

troutman561
12-07-2005, 04:46 PM
eye kant beleave u awl r beitchin abowt spelin airors, i am a edjukated colige stewdint nad hav know eyedea y piopil cint spele on hur, iet bogilzes mi myned

wilkin250r
12-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Me, personally, I hate bad grammer. I won't even answer questions if somebody can't be bothered with the time to make it legible.

I just think it's funny that a person complains about grammer, and his own is only half-a** to begin with. I say if you're going to complain, you better make sure you're not guilty of the same thing yourself, at ANY level.

:blah:

12-07-2005, 04:47 PM
mypoint isbeing missed so i well do all the things worng in thispost that im talkingabout peopel post like this thinking it is ok it is not why do people post liek this these type of posts are what i am talkingabout it is hard to read this adn undertand it but my post were easily understood without reading it morethan once yes i use some "layed" back grammar so yeah maybe i am not perfecet ididn't asay i was when i type type something that is going to go to someone where grammer and speeling is importnat then i can guarantee you there are not run-on sentences, no typos, and my grammar is near perfect and i can even use triplets and correlatative conjunctions when in college, i earned all a in my english classes.

what i have typed is way to common of an occurance on this site, better grammar and spelling don't take that much longer or command that much more of your attention if you are somewhat used to doing this

i am sure there are many others that feel this way

as far as me coming to this site, i can skip it. it is no big deal to me, there are other sites out there

AtvMxRider
12-07-2005, 04:48 PM

ias far as me coming to this site, i can skip it. it is no big deal to me, there are other sites out there

12-07-2005, 04:57 PM
i am not crying about that, someone said not to come here anymmore. I was just replying to that.

There is no skin off of my back, I have enjoyed this. It is not the exact direction that I thought it would take, but it has been interesting. I expected some people to nail me for taking some shortcuts with my grammar. I qualified, that in my first post, or so I thought. Some people decided to pick up certain things that I have stated instead of all of it, picking out what helps their arguemnet.

Oh well, I got the entertainment I wanted for teh evening i guess.

AtvMxRider
12-07-2005, 04:59 PM
i am not crying about that, someone said not to come here anymmore. I was just replying to that.

There is no skin off of my back, I have enjoyed this. It is not the exact direction that I thought it would take, but it has been interesting. I expected some people to nail me for taking some shortcuts with my grammar. I qualified, that in my first post, or so I thought. Some people decided to pick up certain things that I have stated instead of all of it, picking out what helps their arguemnet.

Oh well, I got the entertainment I wanted for teh evening i guess.

Like Wilkin said don't ***** about peoples spelling when you can't spell either:ermm:

wilkin250r
12-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Yeah, you don't hear Jerry griping about black people, do you?

Matt37
12-07-2005, 05:08 PM
OMG, if you have time to come onto an atv forum and ***** and moan about spelling errors... you really need something better to do.

It is a stupid little atv forum.. WHO CARES????

12-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

again you are missing my point, I CAN spell. Yes i make typos and such, but the blatent mis-spelling is what is my complaint. for eg, noe for know.

AtvMxRider
12-07-2005, 05:12 PM
again you are missing my point, I CAN spell. Yes i make typos and such, but the blatent mis-spelling is what is my complaint. for eg, noe for know.

AtvMxRider
12-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

Honda TRX250ex
12-07-2005, 05:15 PM
i talk perfect engilsh on this site there aint no way that you dont understand me i gots perfect sense when i talk and subit replys and stuffs now just git along and read what you got ta read and deal with it yous hear mes
:)

AtvMxRider
12-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
i talk perfect engilsh on this site there aint no way that you dont understand me i gots perfect sense when i talk and subit replys and stuffs now just git along and read what you got ta read and deal with it yous hear mes

400exrules
12-07-2005, 05:32 PM

wutt da helll u talkin bout yo:bandit:

derekhonda
12-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex

i
engilsh
site.
There
aint no
dont
i
gots
i
subit
stuffs
git
ta
yous
mes
:confused:

derekhonda
12-07-2005, 05:51 PM
OH MY GOD.....

For someone who talks about not having dumb spellings and bad grammar, I have one forum topic just started by you:

periceings?

Seriously, your posting privileges have been revoked. And if this was attempt at wit or sarcasm I do believe it failed miserably.

12-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Has no one else noticed this? IT'S SPELT GRAMMAR FOR GODS SAKE. And by the way, "aint" isn't a word. I'm just giving a hard time. I still love you. Lets go to McDonalds or something :D

Honda TRX250ex
12-07-2005, 06:34 PM
rofl i was being a wise *****
it takes to long to put periods and it dont help because i talk on AOL like that

12-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Do having gay gas caps enhance performance?

Honda TRX250ex
12-07-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by MrMan
Do having gay gas caps enhance performance?
only if you want to attrack gay people:ermm:

MAaudioX10
12-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by MrMan
Has no one else noticed this? IT'S SPELT GRAMMAR FOR GODS SAKE. And by the way, "aint" isn't a word. I'm just giving a hard time. I still love you. Lets go to McDonalds or something :D

Actually, "ain't" is now a word. It is a contraction for "am not".

Can, also, be a contraction for "are not", "is not", "has not", and "have not".

"Ain't" would be considered slang.

12-07-2005, 06:59 PM
where did the gay gas cap come from?

Ridin' Jesse
12-07-2005, 07:24 PM
I dont really care what my grammar is like on the forums...it doesnt have anything to do with my school work. Its not worth the trouble to make everything perfect

wvspeedfreak
12-07-2005, 07:24 PM
where did the gay gas cap come from?

Why,the gaymobile of course.:D

Jake250ex
12-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Ok AtvMxRider we can stop with the pictures now we got the point ;)

wvspeedfreak
12-07-2005, 07:28 PM
sorry but most of us don't have time to use proper grammer...

Actually,that's not a legit excuse if you are still typing the same amount of letters in the word and just spelling it wrong ;)

AtvMxRider
12-07-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Actually,that's not a legit excuse if you are still typing the same amount of letters in the word and just spelling it wrong ;)

And to think Jason he is in college:huh

12-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Why,the gaymobile of course.:D

still don't know what you are refering to...

i am guessing they are talking about the bike link in my signature?

wvspeedfreak
12-07-2005, 08:04 PM
still don't know what you are refering to...

i am guessing they are talking about the bike link in my signature?

I have no idea either actually.I think it was just something random.

Ralph
12-07-2005, 08:06 PM

i agree except i am convinced tommy thinks "Im trying to sale my quad" is correct:blah:

SGA
12-07-2005, 11:12 PM
say we look like morons... none of us really care haha

Tommy summed it up pretty good!