PDA

View Full Version : cr500 electric starter

techy
12-07-2005, 09:18 AM
I have a cr500 in a lonestar 250r frame. Anyone know if I can get an electric starter for it?

TampaBoy813
12-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by techy
I have a cr500 in a lonestar 250r frame. Anyone know if I can get an electric starter for it?
it would take a lot to make that work...
you would need
1.battery
2.bigger stader
3.new wiring

wilkin250r
12-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by TampaBoy813
it would take a lot to make that work...
you would need
1.battery
2.bigger stader
3.new wiring

Not to mention that little pesky problem of completely new sidecases to accept the starter, and a new crank with a starter gear on it.

Mechanix311
12-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Their is a company that makes a compression release valve for that motor. It makes a world of difference when trying to start it. I know this sounds weird because it is a 2 stroke but they drill through the side of the cylinder to install it. All the pros used one.

Tom TRX250R
12-09-2005, 12:34 AM
OR heres a thought its a two stroke, KICK START IT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!! It's not that hard, I am used to riding my bros KX500 dirtbike and my high compression R so it is not that hard to start it!!!! Just give it a good fast kick with power and it will fire right up with the right throttle!!!! No offense man but if you can't fire the bike up you have no business riding it!!!!!!!!!

zedicus00
12-09-2005, 06:58 AM
back when i first got my R i was a lot younger and a lot lighter.... it took some work for me to be able to start it... roll the piston to the bottom and jump on that kicker....

now that im fatter its not a problem, unless yur foot slips off and the kicker catches bone. thats when you regret 200+lb psi.

TampaBoy813
12-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Tom TRX250R
OR heres a thought its a two stroke, KICK START IT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!! It's not that hard, I am used to riding my bros KX500 dirtbike and my high compression R so it is not that hard to start it!!!! Just give it a good fast kick with power and it will fire right up with the right throttle!!!! No offense man but if you can't fire the bike up you have no business riding it!!!!!!!!! I think the deal is its going in the R frame and it backs backwerds....not like the R motor...kinda like the thing I had to deal with on my Hybrids...get a flip top Sub or cut the rear finder....

techy
12-09-2005, 09:14 PM
I don't have a problem with the compression. This was no harder to start than my 350PV when it was on the cr frame. It is the fact that it kicks backwards and will require a serious hack on the fender. I am trying to do this and have it look nice and also not be a time consuming process to start.

TampaBoy813
12-10-2005, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by techy
I don't have a problem with the compression. This was no harder to start than my 350PV when it was on the cr frame. It is the fact that it kicks backwards and will require a serious hack on the fender. I am trying to do this and have it look nice and also not be a time consuming process to start. Flip Top....thats the only thing you can do with out hacking the fender...