PDA

View Full Version : Plow On Rancher

Zacher2009
12-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Do any of you guys know if it would be a good idea to put a snow plow on a 2X4 Rancher. I was thinking of it but then I thought that i might have to have a 4x4 to push the plow if not o well. :cool:

CBF2
12-07-2005, 09:54 AM
I plow with my King Quad--2wd does not work at all.

400exc
12-07-2005, 05:50 PM
my buddy put a plow on his 2x4 rancher, works pretty good as it looks, but he has only pushed about 6 inches so far, we will wait until the real snow comes

bigbadbrad
12-07-2005, 08:22 PM
if you do put a plow on it get tir chains and go with the smallest plow you can get, probally a 48" plow. Also maybe make something to put on your racks to hold some weights.

I had a 60" plow on my dads 200trx3004x4 with 26" vampires on it and it plowed pretty good, fourwheelers are just to light though when you have abig pile if sticky snow that you have to move, and during big storms you are going to have stay on top of the cleaning and dont excpect to be able to atack a big snow fall, above 8" all at once, plow during the storm. We ( more like me and i was going to college, so my dad would have to do the cleaning) ended up just getting a plow truck we had enough of frezzeing ur but off in the cold for 3 years on a four wheeler, escpecial with all the snow we get up here in northern maine.

Zacher2009
12-16-2005, 10:44 AM
I dunno i might try it then again i have to find a good cheap plow. Any body no of any?

cb550man
12-16-2005, 11:01 AM
I have a moose 50 inch plow on my 2005 Honda Recon with no tire chains and it does fine. I just plowed 6 inches of snow with hardely any problems. You just have to be smart on weight distribution and how much snow to take on one pass. I turn my blade at 45 deg, start going about 5 mph,then I drop the plow and sit back on the seat. If you keep mometum you are fine. Only take about 1/3 the width of the blade through deep stuff. people always give me crap saying my quad is too small for plowing. I say if people plow with lawn tractors my horspower and traction is greater than any lawn tractor.

cb550man
12-16-2005, 11:04 AM
I forgot for the last guy. Moose makes a 50 inch plow for your Rancher for about 350.00 with a manual lift. It connects and disconnects in under one minute. It is a very nice setup. The mounting bracket sits high in the frame so you never have to remove it after you disconnect you plow.