PDA

View Full Version : Skiing/Snowboarding?

honduh440
12-07-2005, 12:13 AM
Who is going and where????

My crew is going to Vail January 6th. Im so pumped its litteraly tearing me up inside everyday trying to wait!

If you have pics or vids post em up too!

Dirtiredneck
12-07-2005, 06:18 AM
We are headed to Crested Butte to hit some of the sickest backcountry boarding and Snowmobiling in Colorado. You will like Vail, I was there two years ago....I can't wait

gyt-r450
12-07-2005, 06:55 AM
i'll be heading up to keystone on saturday to ride all day and maybe alittle night if im feelin good. the 3 mountain pass is the bomb:devil: gotta love Colorado:eek2:

tacundra
12-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Hittn' Keystone and Vail from Jan 21 - 27th....cant freakin wait!

01screamindemon
12-07-2005, 11:22 AM
Not many places around here to board but i go over to indiana and up by St. Louis where they make fake snow?? If That Counts?? We Always ski at night from 10-5am, which is extremely fun, and less people. I Plan on goin out to Colorado after I get out of school, though, and try it on real snow, cuz I here its ten times better. Whats some of the best places to board in colorado??

stevez400
12-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Im going to loon this weekend. There are so many places in NE to go that I snowboard a new mountain almost every other week.

jwick07
12-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by honduh440
Who is going and where????

My crew is going to Vail January 6th. Im so pumped its litteraly tearing me up inside everyday trying to wait!

If you have pics or vids post em up too!

I heard there is a little place in Mizzu that you can go to, it is all man made snow but if your in eastern kansas you could make a quick trip there and back.

jwick07
12-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Found It
http://skisnowcreek.com/directions.asp

honduh440
12-07-2005, 11:53 AM
i heard about that place a couple years back.

by looking at it I would probably take 7 minutes to get up the lift and 45 seconds to get back down :(

jwick07
12-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Just made a phone call to my older half bro. He takes his boys there several times a year and he said yea the runs aren't long but the lifts are quick enough that you can get in several runs and they have lights so you just keep on going. And they have a bar there with good prices to make up for it:D

For me it looks like a two hour drive compared to nine. So I can get up and leave the house at seven be there by 9:30ish and go until they kick me out and then just go back home and to work the next day.

12-07-2005, 03:39 PM
I go to a mountain called Mountain Creek(used to be great gordge for all you old guys lol) I guess its pretty big, it holds the US Chevy Grand Prix, is in transworld a lot etc. but the mountains small as hell compared to what you guys are probaly used to lol. I live like 15 mintues away adn im a snowboard instructer there lol
Its funny how someone said "the place with fake snow" and "with lights" lol thats funny to me bc all we get is fake snow and night riding

trx419
12-07-2005, 04:12 PM
I'm making my first trip to Killington on dec 18th its about a 10 hour drive for me has any been there before.

Ridin' Jesse
12-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by trx419
I'm making my first trip to Killington on dec 18th its about a 10 hour drive for me has any been there before.
Killington is SWEET! i went there last year snowboarding the trails are amazing! its almost impossible to hit the whole mountain in 1 day...the parks are really fun too...lots of nice jumps n rails.

hondardr4life
12-07-2005, 05:42 PM
I've got 3 places to board around here. 7 springs, Holiday Valley, Peak n Peak.

What kinda board does everyone have? I've got a 2004 Burton custom w/t Burton custom bindings.

12-07-2005, 05:52 PM
hey i definetly suggest going outwest to utah and colorado. major skiing out there...i went to copper mt. in colorado and got air sickness the 2nd day and needed a whole oxygen tank so i couldnt go skiing after the 3rd day we were there cause i couldnt breath...well anyway copper was amazing, the whole mountain was huge and the terrain park was off the chain...as for utah. funnest experience of my life. huge off roading in between the woods and chit like that. the terrain park was amazing and the best is that it was cheap to go in the spring and there was so much snow there still and it wasnt slow...we went to Snowbird in Utah it was amazing i definetly suggest going there. its cheap, amazing trails for offroading and the terrain was really good, fast and huge table tops and doubles and chit like that, and of course the regular trails were great and it was not crouded at all, skied right up to the lift (yeah i ski not snowboard) and there was no line at the lift...which was amazing cause it was up and down up and down...yeah heres a pic of utah. i have Line Ghettoblaster skis but im using my mini line skis in the pic.

i suggest u all go there...u'll have an amazing time

12-07-2005, 05:55 PM
my brother had no idea this rock was coming when i took this shot and man did he whip out lol yeah it was hillarious, skis flipped off haha wow just remembed that

12-07-2005, 06:09 PM
it was hot..alls u needed was a tshirt and undershirt underneath and it was fine..like it is on me..it was the first time i ever skiied with a tshirt and long sleeved shirt. man was it a great time. everyone go in the spring its great

digga_b
12-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
i heard about that place a couple years back.

by looking at it I would probably take 7 minutes to get up the lift and 45 seconds to get back down :(

It's about 7 min up and about 15 seconds down if you straight line it. But you should go out there at least once to check it out. Wait until after the new year so it will give us a good chance to get the park open. (yeah, I work there) Oh, and wait until it's cold for a few days and then head out. That way the conditions will be pretty good, otherwise, if it's been warm for a while, it will be soooo slooooooowwwww.

We have both sides of the run in this picture now, so it should be better than it was before. We also will have a small park that will be available to those that rent equipment from there. They don't allow snow creek rental equipment in this park.

http://skisnowcreek.com/gallery/MVC-001F.JPG

jwick07
12-07-2005, 11:00 PM
HEY digga_b

Do you think it is even worth getting a pass there I was thinking of getting the pick a day pass?

honduh440
12-08-2005, 12:11 AM
i think id get real pissed off their. I get mad at keystone and copper mountain because i can get down the mountain in under 10 minutes and i like to haul a ss so it gets borring. Vail is the place to be!

Spring time is great durring the day when u can skin in a shirt and pants but the sun starts to melt the snow then around 3 it freezes ice ontop. We started going in january and havnt had a bad time yet.

digga_b
12-08-2005, 12:37 AM
If you like to free ride...... then this is not the place to be. But if you like to ride in the park, it's not too bad. It's deff not Colorado by any means, but, it's close to home.

I think it's worth it to buy a pass out there. Like I said, if you like to ride in the terrain park, you'll have fun as long as the conditions are good. Just wait to go out until after the new year so we can get the park established. We are going to have a couple of new rails/boxes this year if I can get them done.:D

vtslick19
12-08-2005, 07:31 AM
Headin up to Showshoe Mtn. up in West Virginia. Probably the best place to go in the east; well unless you go all the way up north

DALXX2
12-08-2005, 06:48 PM
heading up to okemo this sat. it is about a 2 hr. ride for me