PDA

View Full Version : pumping up for the dunes..

z400roosteR
12-06-2005, 10:18 PM
My quad that is....I was wondering about throwing in:
Hotcams Stage 1-intake+exhaust
drze gasket..(just read it may be worth it i don't understand what it does, or if it's worth the money)-maybe
HMF Header to match the slip-on
Bigger Carb-(dunno what size or if the gain is worth the money)-maybe

But mainly for sure the cams and header, anything else i am on the fence about. I was just wondering what i can expect from the shops if i have them do it what i need to walk in with(shims etc.) so they don't have to order parts and that and keep my bike for a month!

400EX QUADER
12-06-2005, 11:06 PM
that all sounds good and maybe sum new paddles if ya need em?? suspension you should get tho. I'm sure you're not made out of $ but suspension is just as important. like they say... does ya no good to have power if ya cant put it to the ground.:D
pm sent too...

stiffy
12-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by 400EX QUADER
that all sounds good and maybe sum new paddles if ya need em?? suspension you should get tho. I'm sure you're not made out of $ but suspension is just as important. like they say... does ya no good to have power if ya cant put it to the ground.:D
pm sent too...

Oh so very true especially for the dunes

OKTRX450R
12-07-2005, 09:55 AM
Not sure if the Zuk Hot Cams numbers are the same as the Hondas but if they are I would look into the Stage II instead of I...I think you will be much happier with the power range of the II...this is if they are the same range.

z400roosteR
12-07-2005, 07:04 PM
I can't find any dyno's or anything for the Z, but hotcams says stage 2 is more for bigbore's and high compression set ups.

400EX QUADER
12-07-2005, 09:04 PM
did you get my pm z??