PDA

View Full Version : Well WTF?

spliffy
06-26-2002, 03:58 PM
Ok So I Rebuilt Up My Little 250x - .080 Piston & Web Cam & Then Onto Jetting The dam Thing , I am Running Just A Stock Pipe For Now.... (Cuz If I Spend Anymore Money... Wife Will Kill Me) Stock Main Is a 125 & I Had A 150 In It After The Rebuild (I knew It would be rich , But Figured Till The Rings Seat, All The Better).... Well they seated & Im Fouling Plugs... So I Am Rich... I Go To A 145 & Boom Im White Plugged.... I Havent Changed The Needle Setting & I Put In A 40 Pilot In , Stock Is A 38..... WTH Is Going On.... With The 150 Im Blowing Smoke Now Out The Exhaust Cuz Its So Rich... So I Am Rich As ****.... & Its A Pain In The *** To Start Once The Motor Is Warm.... I Think I Might Have Multiple Issues Here.... Anyone With An Idea? Maybe Lower My Pilot Back Down To Stock For the Hard Starting Issue? :confused:

Wired
06-26-2002, 04:53 PM
where from minnesota are ya from? and sorry i have no idea how to help out your situation

beerock
06-26-2002, 05:10 PM
well, for one thing your nto suppose to change multiple things at once when you play with the jetting, your suppose to do one thing at a time...how bout trying the 145 main with the needle all the way up.

or maybe try a 147 main and use the needle in the center......

06-26-2002, 05:10 PM
with the 140 pilot, turn the air screw out to 1 1/2 turns from seat, and for main .. go up until there's a sputter at wide open throttle, then drop one jet size. you can't really trust plugs because of all the addidives in gas.

Red Rooster
06-26-2002, 05:14 PM
Try moving the needle up 1 notch

Punk13rym
06-26-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Red Rider 9
with the 140 pilot, turn the air screw out to 1 1/2 turns from seat, and for main .. go up until there's a sputter at wide open throttle, then drop one jet size. you can't really trust plugs because of all the addidives in gas.

A (140) pilot jet, isn't that a little rich for a 250x?

06-26-2002, 06:40 PM
i think he meant main lol

spliffy
06-27-2002, 06:58 AM
Wired.... Im Outside Of St. Paul... Down By Hastings , If You Know Where That Is.... We Ride Just About Every Weekend.... Maybe If You Arent Far Away Or Wanna Meet Sometime We Can Hook Up & Go Riding With Your Bunch Too.... My Buddies Just Went To Eau Claire 2 Weeks Ago & Said The Trails Out There Are Awesome.... We Do Most Of Our Riding In Siren & Danbury Wi. Thanks For the Replies To My Question.... I Guess It Is Still Just Trial & Error..... Sux Though.... I Wanna Just Ride & Quit Screwing Around So Much :p