88' 250r. Mods are:
No air box, esr pipe, delta force reeds, keihin 38mm

Over RPM

Mobile Dyno
12-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Over Speed.

TheFontMaster
12-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Do you have any charts for a 250r with a little more work, mine if bored .10 over sparks pipe, cool head, boysen reeds, not much more work than what the one you posted, but I figure mine is prolly making about 40-42 hp, I just wanna try to get a better idea of how much power.

Mobile Dyno
12-07-2005, 08:08 PM
I'll look through and see what I have..

DAVE14
12-28-2005, 10:38 PM
makes you wanna get a little 250 r doesnt it ? Ive never seen the big deal with these machines but would love to try one !

bwamos
12-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by DAVE14
makes you wanna get a little 250 r doesnt it ? Ive never seen the big deal with these machines but would love to try one !

They rock. Power about equal to the 450r. Higher rpms. Much lower center of gravity, and weighs about 50lbs less (both in stock trim). ;)

Besides 40hp in a 2-stroke feels completely different than 40hp in a 4-stroke.

They are both very comparable to each other, just different strokes for different folks. ;)

370kingR
01-01-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
They rock. Power about equal to the 450r. Higher rpms. Much lower center of gravity, and weighs about 50lbs less (both in stock trim). ;)

Besides 40hp in a 2-stroke feels completely different than 40hp in a 4-stroke.

They are both very comparable to each other, just different strokes for different folks. ;)

I disagree on the 50 lbs weight difference. They are very close if not the 250r wieghing a tad more. The 89's were the lightest of the bunch.

The 2 are very comparable in power though and in speed.

The 250r definetly has a better center of gravity. I felt much more comforatable on my 250r than my 450. The 250r you sit in it, the 450r you sit on top of it. Thats the best way i can describe it.

250'r set the standard for good quality race quads. The best part they are extremly simple to work on.......umhum cough...not like a banshee :rolleyes:

86350x
01-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by 370kingR
I disagree on the 50 lbs weight difference. They are very close if not the 250r wieghing a tad more. The 89's were the lightest of the bunch.

The 2 are very comparable in power though and in speed.

The 250r definetly has a better center of gravity. I felt much more comforatable on my 250r than my 450. The 250r you sit in it, the 450r you sit on top of it. Thats the best way i can describe it.

250'r set the standard for good quality race quads. The best part they are extremly simple to work on.......umhum cough...not like a banshee :rolleyes:

My honest input on the 88250r we used to have. Very comfy, zippy in the first 3 gears. The motor is deffinantly down on power in stock form. Struggles to pull the stock gearing in sand, needs to be geared down unless running strictly on hard packed, unless you go big bore. Still not what I'd call fast after an lrd port job, milled head v force reeds, fmf exhaust.

If there is a quad that needs a displacement increase imo to live up to its name its this one. It was a blast as a ported high compression 302. But still not as fast as the modified banshee we had less money into. And the banshee never had any frame cracking issues. So the R was sold, and the banshee is still in the shed. The R was easier to work on, but we actually had to keep working on it, the banshee hardly never needed anything:confused:

I'm just giving you the facts, I own 4 honda's and 4 yamaha's before some kid just says I'm trying to flame honda's.:ermm:

370kingR
01-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by 86350x
My honest input on the 88250r we used to have. Very comfy, zippy in the first 3 gears. The motor is deffinantly down on power in stock form. Struggles to pull the stock gearing in sand, needs to be geared down unless running strictly on hard packed, unless you go big bore. Still not what I'd call fast after an lrd port job, milled head v force reeds, fmf exhaust.

If there is a quad that needs a displacement increase imo to live up to its name its this one. It was a blast as a ported high compression 302. But still not as fast as the modified banshee we had less money into. And the banshee never had any frame cracking issues. So the R was sold, and the banshee is still in the shed. The R was easier to work on, but we actually had to keep working on it, the banshee hardly never needed anything:confused:

I'm just giving you the facts, I own 4 honda's and 4 yamaha's before some kid just says I'm trying to flame honda's.:ermm:

Thats cool, i respect your thoughts. I tried building up a 420 banshee but it did nothing but give headaches. I think im getting one now thinking back to it...lol

No doubt the banshee has more potential but theres not much i liked about mine. It was a 98'.

For the sand, the pro-x 350 kits rock. I did very well against moddified banshees in the sand with it. When i stepped up to a 370 stroker it got pretty serious. Then the 425 psi power valve motor was just nuts. Had to sell it because it hurt my foot too much kicking it over :eek2: Bought steel shank boots just to kick that *******!

86350x
01-02-2006, 09:06 PM
On banshee's, mine is a stardard stroke, 350 with pretty much everything you can do. No boost ports or welded cylinders though. I went with a tt port, and cut cast pistons to match the ports. Have several different sets of pipes, but anymore I just use t5's with the spark arrestors. Good enough.

What I like about mine is that it has power everywhere. Down low too. And will still give you a wedgey up top. Reliability has been great. Modified stock ignition, 34mm flat slides, custom ported radvalves, custom 2 into 1 intake, clamp on k.n Just milled and rechambered the stock head, the motor has a stock appearence. The rest is secret. The only good aftermarket banshee jug you are going to buy is a cheetah cub. Nobody wastes there time with powervalved cylinders.

As far as the 88r goes, I liked the bike. It is and always probrably will be the BEST looking quad ever to come off of the show room floor. I'd like to have the same quad with an aftermarket frame, and more topend power like my banshee has. I wouldn't buy a powervalved topend, and wouldn't go above a 330. I'd make it work with 300-330cc's of displacement. its just not as good as most people say stock, or just ported with bolt ons. They did a pretty good job to get 38 hp out of the one above. The 425 shouldn't kick over that hard:confused: A cr 500 isn't that hard to kick over, nor is my 426 ect.

370kingR
01-03-2006, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by 86350x
On banshee's, mine is a stardard stroke, 350 with pretty much everything you can do. No boost ports or welded cylinders though. I went with a tt port, and cut cast pistons to match the ports. Have several different sets of pipes, but anymore I just use t5's with the spark arrestors. Good enough.

What I like about mine is that it has power everywhere. Down low too. And will still give you a wedgey up top. Reliability has been great. Modified stock ignition, 34mm flat slides, custom ported radvalves, custom 2 into 1 intake, clamp on k.n Just milled and rechambered the stock head, the motor has a stock appearence. The rest is secret. The only good aftermarket banshee jug you are going to buy is a cheetah cub. Nobody wastes there time with powervalved cylinders.

As far as the 88r goes, I liked the bike. It is and always probrably will be the BEST looking quad ever to come off of the show room floor. I'd like to have the same quad with an aftermarket frame, and more topend power like my banshee has. I wouldn't buy a powervalved topend, and wouldn't go above a 330. I'd make it work with 300-330cc's of displacement. its just not as good as most people say stock, or just ported with bolt ons. They did a pretty good job to get 38 hp out of the one above. The 425 shouldn't kick over that hard:confused: A cr 500 isn't that hard to kick over, nor is my 426 ect.

I dont know what to say, that 425 was extremly hard to kick over and would occasonally kick back so hard it would bruise my foot. 30 people at camp would get a kick out of watching me or anyone who dared to try to kick it over. Someone would be all tough and say they can do it, one back kick and they jumped off in agony hopping on one foot! rofl...that was the best part.

It may have been due to a stock ignition. I feel that if i had the cr ignition on there it would have helped alot. Later down the road i had that ignition. It did have new stock components, just all were stock. Tried many pilots and needles too. The motor had 240 psi. I just couldnt take it anymore and sold it.

bwamos
01-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by 370kingR

2006 TRX450ER weighs 363.0 lbs dry (-6 lbs for kick)
1989 TRX250R weighs 328 lbs

So it's a 35 pound difference.

I stand corrected. I was thinking, for some reason, the 250r was 315lbs.

The LT250R was 293lbs stock. I didn't realize they were that light.

the 250 weights were straight off of the microfische.

370kingR
01-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
2006 TRX450ER weighs 363.0 lbs dry (-6 lbs for kick)
1989 TRX250R weighs 328 lbs

So it's a 35 pound difference.

I stand corrected. I was thinking, for some reason, the 250r was 315lbs.

The LT250R was 293lbs stock. I didn't realize they were that light.

the 250 weights were straight off of the microfische.

Ok i stand corrected then :p I didnt think the 250r weighed in so light. Nice researchin ;)