PDA

View Full Version : best mini

Chango
12-06-2005, 07:45 PM
What, in your opinion,is the best mini in stock form and which can you do more aftermarket mod with ?sorry for the weak ?? but i am new to the mini world ...90cc only please

Pappy
12-06-2005, 07:50 PM
its going to boil down to how much you want to spend in the long run, versus how much time you want to invest in turning wrenches.

i tell folks that the TRX90 will get it done for less and last longer then any other mini out there. they may not be the fastest in some forms of racing, but you can not put a price tag on reliability!

Arctic Cat Dad
12-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Are you gonna race it or just for play? We have an 04 Arctic Cat 70. It's a 2 stroke and it's been a GREAT quad for us.With the way it's ran for us I couldn't ask for a better mini.

But I also have to agree with Pappy on this 1. Were getting ready to build an 06 Honda trx 90. Were switching for 2 reasons. It's time for my 7 yr old to learn how to shift. The second reason is I just think the 4 stroke is very reliable. I do alot of work on the 2 stroke to keep it running.Plus I also spent a ton of $ to get it fast and to keep it that way. My friend has an 03 trx race quad and all he does is change the oil after every race,and replace the piston before every race season.

LT80
12-06-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm with ACD on what your need is. With that unknown, I'll give my opinion.
If your going to MX, a LT80 isn't in your best interest.
For flat track,drags,trail,yard riding the LT80 is a great machine and pretty darn reliable. I get motors in that have been running for years w/o troubles.
The LT80 is the least expensive to make as fast as any mini out there.Existing parts are modified, not bought.
The kasea/eton/Kymco/Honda/etc are fine machines yet keep in mind all mini's have good and bad points.
The down side to these are that to make it fast, you need to buy parts. To get twice the money into the motor is common. The next would be the swingarm. An aftermarket for serious MX/XC would be advised.
The Honda is the most expensive to build for the serious racer. My opinion after watching and hearing is that the Honda suffers in the reliability dept when fully modded (125cc's). The 2 stroke motors themselves are as reliable as any, even modded. Any race motor will need more maintenence to keep up to 100%.
All need frame gusseting.All need an axel. Most all need a pipe.
All mini's suspension are terrible. some new models may be an exception, but they are high end. Expensive shocks are needed on any mini for serious racing.

Rider comfort,ease of controls and the controls that the rider likes where he/she likes them are some major things to consider.
Hope that may help.

OOPS:eek2: That's at least a nickle worth of my 2 cents. :D

Chango
12-07-2005, 06:41 AM
Thanks for your time people

300ex13
12-11-2005, 05:14 PM
around my area ive seen a few mini races and the majority is the Honda trx90...and judging by Cody's riding skillz they must be pretty good b/c that kid can FLY

ATV Father
12-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Dinli's are not bad either and they are very modable.

12-11-2005, 06:45 PM
all the two strokes are very very VERY finiky. well not the lt80 but all the tywanees (eton, polaris, kasea) they all have the same motor. my freinds son races an eton. he is ALWAYS changing jets to get this thing running right. it looks like a nightmare to me :eek2: we'll stick w/ the 4 stroke;)

AtvMxRider
12-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by 911
all the two strokes are very very VERY finiky. well not the lt80 but all the tywanees (eton, polaris, kasea) they all have the same motor. my freinds son races an eton. he is ALWAYS changing jets to get this thing running right. it looks like a nightmare to me :eek2: we'll stick w/ the 4 stroke;)

Well then he needs to take a look at his setup then cause I very rarely have to rejet my sons KAsea

12-12-2005, 07:18 PM
do you run a full race pipe? if so wich 1cause he drives himself nuts to get this thing to run right. he even bought a new carb set up from hetrick that makes the jet changes easier:ermm:

AtvMxRider
12-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by 911
do you run a full race pipe? if so wich 1cause he drives himself nuts to get this thing to run right. he even bought a new carb set up from hetrick that makes the jet changes easier:ermm:

What kind of quad does he have. My son has a KAsea 90 it has a Hetricks pipe, Hetricks B52 cylinder and a 28mm carb and I rarely have to rejet

Chango
12-12-2005, 08:26 PM
I just bought my son a Kasea and now iam going to sell my other sons raptor because The Kasea is so nice

dj250r
12-12-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by LT80
I'm with ACD on what your need is. With that unknown, I'll give my opinion.
If your going to MX, a LT80 isn't in your best interest.
For flat track,drags,trail,yard riding the LT80 is a great machine and pretty darn reliable. I get motors in that have been running for years w/o troubles.
The LT80 is the least expensive to make as fast as any mini out there.Existing parts are modified, not bought.
The kasea/eton/Kymco/Honda/etc are fine machines yet keep in mind all mini's have good and bad points.
The down side to these are that to make it fast, you need to buy parts. To get twice the money into the motor is common. The next would be the swingarm. An aftermarket for serious MX/XC would be advised.
The Honda is the most expensive to build for the serious racer. My opinion after watching and hearing is that the Honda suffers in the reliability dept when fully modded (125cc's). The 2 stroke motors themselves are as reliable as any, even modded. Any race motor will need more maintenence to keep up to 100%.
All need frame gusseting.All need an axel. Most all need a pipe.
All mini's suspension are terrible. some new models may be an exception, but they are high end. Expensive shocks are needed on any mini for serious racing.

Rider comfort,ease of controls and the controls that the rider likes where he/she likes them are some major things to consider.
Hope that may help.

OOPS:eek2: That's at least a nickle worth of my 2 cents. :D

well put Jack

no problem jetting here
got a Kasea 90
hetrick pipe
pe 24 carb
but your buddy might have an air leak
might want to check the intake boot we had one crack on us a few races ago
Dwayne