PDA

View Full Version : 250ex jetting

True rider
06-26-2002, 03:57 PM
Im getting the following mods: White Brothers e-series slip on and a k&n power kit. My question is what are the steps on rejetting, my friend can help me and he has rejetted a warrior and a 300ex, does a 250ex have a similar carb to those bikes, and im going to run the pipe w/o disks, if that helps any. Thanks.:D

RUFIO
06-26-2002, 04:01 PM
the disc are the jetting on the e-series

True rider
06-26-2002, 04:08 PM
Did you put the jet kit in your 250, If so any help would be appreciated.

SR71
06-27-2002, 12:10 PM
At about 500ft, during summer months I run a 110 Main Jet. This 250EX has a modified OEM exhaust (not as good as a WB) with K&N air filter and Outerwears airbox lid cover.

TRX250EXER
06-28-2002, 02:35 PM
the e-series is designed to make performance without rejetting. with a air filter and the pipe I would sugest going up 2 or 3 sizes on the main jet. If you are in hot temperature go to the 98 in your jet kit. then just adjust the mixture screw to 2.5 turns out and start it up. fine tune it from the idle. turn it in and out til the rpms sound the smoothest. but if you are running it without disks, I dont know what to suggest. I dont know why you would want to do this anyway. The e-series gets its power from the vaccum the disks create. Plus you cant ride at a lot of places without a spark arrestor. I have mine in and I got checked for one just because of the noise factor. I would do what I said and then adjust the disks on the pipe to make the performance you want. the amount of disks you put in changes where the power hits. supposed to anyways. hope I helped some. Later

True rider
06-28-2002, 05:56 PM
Thanks for all your help, Ill try doing what all you guys said