PDA

View Full Version : D7 Feedback MD,PA,WV,VA

Pappy
12-06-2005, 12:17 PM
After a few back and forth emails with the head of D7 quads, I am growing weary with the typical attitudes presented to quads by yet another person charged with growing and supporting quad racing in this district.

It is of my opinion that if a quad rider pays the same entry fee as a bike rider, then the quad rider/racers should recieve the same level of participation from the track, the promotor and the district representing the series or event.

D7 riders have dealt with cut moto's, cut laps and have had done other injustices IMO to anyone in this district. Track locations are being dispersed just to have a place to race simply because soome of the track owners themselves are fed up with the constant problems D7 tends to bring with it.

I stopped racing D7 years ago, but I have been involved with a several of the events and have spoken at length with several of the district participants to help form my opinions.

i would like to hear feedback from anyone involved with this district along with any other feedback you may have concerning your issues or successes seen.

400exvet
12-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Most of us harescamble guys have given up! We have found it wasn't even worth complaining anymore. There was noone there to listen, let alone to do anything about the complaints. I have several e-mails from the "district 7 atv harescramble representative". At first we thought he was going to hang in there and help us out. Didn't last long. I don't think he is even around any more. The one before that sorta lost interest and then became the vice president. I'm not bashing them because they are bad people, I just think they have different priorities and don't have the time to help us out. District 7 just needs to find the right person to get involved that deals with ATV harescrambles only. Obviously, that is a hard to find person. We just go to some of the races and hope for the best, which is fine for me but most people want to see more structure and support. I think that would be the only way to get more racers coming back time after time, which would make for larger races and more $$$$ to the district and the tracks and the promoters.... Later

Delaware152
12-08-2005, 07:29 AM
I can't believe none of the other mx guys have posted yet. I know a few of them are not scared to voice there opinion. I have been racing like some others for a while. Some of you may not believe it but it is must better racing in distict 7 than what it was at one time. At one time you could count on being the last moto or first practice if it was muddy. Since the increase in entries the last few years this doesn't happen anymore. This year they had a very good contingency program for all point races for ALL classes. I recieved over $200 in FLY bucks and didn't attend all the races and they were always gift certificates and other various items given away at most races. The one thing I would like to see is mini racing a part of District 7. The problem is having enough time is a given day when there are so many bike classes and increasing each year. I think there should be a poll taken this year by the quad riders if they would be able to race on Saturday instead of Sunday...follow the District 13 format. I realize some people have to work Saturday but most people are off but vote and let the riders decide. This would allow youth racing b/c time is not an issue. It would also make the bikes happy b/c they still have there ruts. The promoter makes more money off having an open practice in the morning. It sounds like everybody is happy with this format. I would race district 13 but it's not fun racing against 2 or 3 other people.

joedirt
12-08-2005, 07:55 AM
I use to race D-7 some time ago. The whole problem is turn out. Low = no good for anyone. I race D-6 harescrambles. B class guys that point out and have to move up don't because they don't want to race Borich or any other fast guys. Racers want a AA and a A class so it keeps the up and coming racers and helps the turn out a little more. Every district needs a better quad turnout. There aren't enough quad racers to make the promoters listen. This is why I'm trying to support the Altantic Grand Prix Series. He's listening to the racers and it is Northeast based series.

ex kid
12-08-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by joedirt
I use to race D-7 some time ago. The whole problem is turn out. Low = no good for anyone. I race D-6 harescrambles. B class guys that point out and have to move up don't because they don't want to race Borich or any other fast guys. Racers want a AA and a A class so it keeps the up and coming racers and helps the turn out a little more. Every district needs a better quad turnout. There aren't enough quad racers to make the promoters listen. This is why I'm trying to support the Altantic Grand Prix Series. He's listening to the racers and it is Northeast based series.

somebody listen to this clown.

joedirt
12-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Go push some buttons for my brother

ex kid
12-08-2005, 06:49 PM
go shovel some snow or better yet go weedwack some dog **** into your face.

johnexrider
12-09-2005, 06:00 AM
i would like to second delaware152's comments regarding the d 13 race format. this was my first year racing and i raced both d 7 and d 13 races. i found the d 13 format better for both quads. we gets more practice time and if the track gets groomed between the practice session and the race on saturday the quads get a good track to race on which makes us happy. i can't speak to whether it is better or worse than it used to be but even after racing for only a season it does seem like continued improvements would make racing better for both quads and bikes. i would also second pappy's comments regarding equal time/treatment at these events. i pay the same amount as the bikes and feel like we get second rate treatment at every race. we get a fraction of the practice time that the bikes get and basically don't receive equal treatment in general. i think this could be remedied in part by changing to a saturday/sunday format but basically it comes down to the tracks and promoters not liking quads and not caring that we get equal treatment. until we get a rep that actively tries to remedy this attitude among tracks and promoters we are going to continue with this treatment. i don't want to pile on and complain a lot about our rep, basically because i do not envy the rep's job. everyone likes to complain about him but no one wants to step up and take the job over, including me which is why i am not going to complain about him. if some of these people felt as passionately about his poor performance as they seem too by their posts. you would think that they would step up and lead by example instead of just complaining about it. but i do not see that happening it is much easier to sit back and complain rather than becoming an active participant. that's my 2 cents for its' worth.

treake
12-09-2005, 08:31 AM
I agree with Delaware152 and Johnexrider. I think we need to incorporate youth quads into the program and we should go to the D13 format. I think it would help the tracks generate more revenue, there would be plenty of time to incorporate youth quads and finally but not least, the dirt bikers get to have their precious ruts all to themselves on Sunday. It really is a shame that some tracks don't like quads. Especially with the turn out in the last year. For some reason, people think quad riders complain a lot more than others. Well, give us the same attention you give the bikes, and there would be no complaining. If we had a rep that had more time and attention to give, I think we would be in a better situation. That is why I'm going to end with this;

JOHNEXRIDER for D7 QUAD REP.

johnexrider
12-09-2005, 08:49 AM
and i thought we were friends treake!!!!!!

D-7#61-450r
12-09-2005, 06:37 PM
First off I would like to nominate Mr. Sullivan for Rep.
He no longer has a quad but loves the sport. The first call on the ride home is from him to find out the results of the day. 88 for rep.

I also could not agree more with my fellow MX riders. I would love to see youth racing for district 7 (partially because a new Kasea 50 is in the shed). In a couple off years my boy will be old enough and I hope classes will already have been formed. If not I will have to settle for District 13, not that its a bad thing. This my first year racing district 13 and I love there format. Practice 3 to 4 times in the morning then they groom the track and 1 more practice before race time. Brilliant!! I also like a Saturday race. When TMX had there D7 race there this year I hoped it would be a big success, but it just wasn't the same format that works well for D13. Anyway we need to drag our D7 rep to a d13 race and let him see there format. Seeing is believing.

Delaware152
12-09-2005, 08:15 PM
61...I can't believe we are going to agree on something. lol Are you still going to try and make the winter series races? I want to make one at ECMX but it all depends on the weather.

Pappy
12-09-2005, 08:20 PM
oh i have no doubt its a BS job , and a voluntary one at that.

however, we are talking about our money here and i dont see any bandwagon support, only the typical "quads will get what we can" attitude from the rep.

I for one am a bit tired of being second fiddled. the reps personal attitude towards me is not important in the grand scheme of things, but either he or the next person to try this position out needs to voice your concerns and get things done. one reply from the rep stated that in 5 years he has accomplished more then any other district, which i find hard to believe because i could honestly not tell the difference between the races in 05 versus the races in 1985! sponsors are seeing the value in supporting quad racing, its to bad the administration and track owners are not!

Pappy
12-09-2005, 08:42 PM
and to add....

i have no problem getting this guy to email me, others have stated to me they have waited over a month for replys. i geuss i hit him where it counted right from the start.

in any event, i did include a list of things that are being discussed in this thread along with personal conversations ive had with others. maybe half of what is discussed can be worked with.

D-7#61-450r
12-10-2005, 08:44 AM
Pappy its funny to here about you telling Jeremy about atvriders chat. I've told him about this in the past and he never really seemed to believe all of us were on hear chatting about the district and events. Smack talk from atvriders is worth more HP. than any pipe will give you.

DEL. I was planning on doing the rest of the winter series with Cliff. I'm not sure how many I'll make now but I do still plan on racing at elizabeth city a few times. Hopefully I can catch a ride with LMR a few times to help fuel cost.

Pappy
12-10-2005, 08:46 AM
actually i never mentioned this website at all. i never use it as a tool, id rather see how a person will treat me before he knows i attended and follow more racing then they have ever even dreampt of:p