PDA

View Full Version : starter help...

lonestar13r
12-06-2005, 09:48 AM
400ex.... preety sure my starter clutch is out. i replaced my starter (thankfully i got hooked up with one for only 30 bux) any how, didn't make a difference. can any of you guys let me know if you think i should go out and buy the new starter clutch or do some more truble shooting.... when i push my e button , all i can here is my starter free spining (as if i were bench testing it) and it wont grab to turn my motor over. my battery is fully charged. i'm not sure how it went out so fast (01EX) ... but i didn't personally no the guy that had this motor befor me or anything. any help is very much aprichiated... thanks alot -Ethan

QUADMASTER
12-06-2005, 10:15 AM
I'd do some more troubleshooting if it were me

oafen racing
12-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Dont even trouble shoot it anymore. Its your one way starter clutch i have been through 3 of them !!!!!!!! with my 426 big bore with stage 2 cam.. noone makes an aftermarket one i think im gonna invent one or something. But yea you are looking at like 190 bucks considering you do the labor. You have to remove the flywheel and CLEAN everything really good before installing the new one need anything else pm me. or email me oafen426ex@hotmail.com ;)