PDA

View Full Version : 300ex budget suspension upgrades.

5.0fox
12-06-2005, 12:26 AM
ok so my 300ex has been pretty much stock for as long as ive had it and i think i wanna improve it a little bit. so i found the diamond j customs widening kit on ebay and it gave me an idea. i would like to run the widening kit with 400ex shocks all around and a gforce axle along with braided brake lines all around. i dont do any mx racing and not much of a jumper i just want a smoother more stable ride for the woods. would this setup work ok for me? im about 200 lbs if that matters

Chino886
12-06-2005, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by 5.0fox
ok so my 300ex has been pretty much stock for as long as ive had it and i think i wanna improve it a little bit. so i found the diamond j customs widening kit on ebay and it gave me an idea. i would like to run the widening kit with 400ex shocks all around and a gforce axle along with braided brake lines all around. i dont do any mx racing and not much of a jumper i just want a smoother more stable ride for the woods. would this setup work ok for me? im about 200 lbs if that matters

I have read that it works good if you don't mind the weight up front. I have some stock 400EX shocks if you are interested....Let me know.

5.0fox
12-06-2005, 11:18 AM
well i have been running steel wheels on the front and will be switching to some aluminums so that should make up for most of the weight. what kinda shape are these shocks in and how much are you asking?

Chino886
12-06-2005, 11:52 AM
well i have been running steel wheels on the front and will be switching to some aluminums so that should make up for most of the weight. what kinda shape are these shocks in and how much are you asking?

They are in great shape, used for less than 6 mos, maybe less than 10 rides, then upgraded suspension to axis. I am asking $95 + shipping.....I also have the a-arms if you want those....will make a package deal with you....

5.0fox
12-06-2005, 12:13 PM
im interested but not set on them yet. i wanna see if i can get them locally first

Chino886
12-06-2005, 12:14 PM
im interested but not set on them yet. i wanna see if i can get them locally first

I will give you a good deal if you buy them both....

hnnblehscnnble
12-06-2005, 07:06 PM
dont buy that widenin kit.just buy 400ex shocks,spindles tie rods and arns abd buy top shouck mount reloctors.that ebay widening kit isnt wrth a crap.

kyle