PDA

View Full Version : any body around joplin missouri

JOPLINGUY
12-05-2005, 07:24 PM
if there is anyone in the joplin missouri area and wanting to ride i am always up for some ridding buddys looking for guys who wont ride 20 minutes and be ready to call it a day of ridding the last big ride we went on was 220 miles and it took all day now that was a ride we all like to go fast or slow as long as its ridding we are happy

wallabear
12-06-2005, 06:19 AM
Where do you ride at in Joplin? I am up here in Springfield.

JOPLINGUY
12-06-2005, 06:32 AM
we ride right behind my house there is several hundred acres plus there is a place we ride that has some chats and some kick *** hills about 7 miles from my house and when we want that all day ride we load them up and go over to kansas about 35 minutes from hereand we unload in a small town over there and we go ride the river bottoms for miles

wallabear
12-06-2005, 10:38 AM
I was jsut wondering because I am always looking for places to ride and ppl to ride with.

JOPLINGUY
12-06-2005, 01:11 PM
give me a call anytime i am always up for riding 417 649 7397 ask for jeff

wallabear
12-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Sure thing. If you make it up to Chadwick much I usually try to ride there on the weekends. When it is warm. I am not a very good cold weather rider. I like to ride for a while and when it is cold I can not. No sense hauling my 400ex 20min to ride for 1 to 2 hrs.

wallabear
12-06-2005, 06:43 PM
sorry contact info. 417-848-6115 ask for Walt

JOPLINGUY
12-06-2005, 06:52 PM
hey how is the ridding up at chadwick i have heard alot about it but have never been there is there lots of good ridding and hell yea i will come up there i am always up for a good ride i am a little sore tonight i rolled the red bomb about 5 times earlyier today so it whipped my *** but as any great rider would do i got back on and went again good i love it

dickd
12-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Have you ridden the area at Pensicola Dam at Grand Lake? It's a riot.
Trees, mud, and plenty of hills.

The one thing I hate about living in the Joplin area, is that we don't have any places close to ride. It would be really nice if there was something withing an hour of here that we could ride for a couple of hours and not have to drive so far.

JOPLINGUY
12-06-2005, 08:03 PM
hey dickd give me a call i have several hundred acres to ride right here in joplin 649 7397 ask for jeff

wallabear
12-07-2005, 05:30 AM
The riding at Chadwick is awsome. As far as trails go. There is alot of technical stuff too, tree roots, rock, ledge rock and there are plenty of woops. I find some of the creek beds fun. I do not blast through them like my brother in-law does. I chalk that up to the superman syndrome. He is 19 and has not had the wreck that causes him to realize he is no longer superman. They just did alot of work to one of the main trails (101). I have a map of the trail system if you want me to E-mail it to you. The trails are marked with a Green circle for easy, Blue square for medium difficulty, and a Black Diamond for the you may break your neck here if you do not know what you are doing. In my opinion some of the trails are miss marked, I have been on 1 or 2 of the Black Diamonds that should have been marked Blue and a few Blues that are with out a doubt a Black Diamond. But let me know and I can E-mailout the map. It is a rather large file though

JOPLINGUY
12-07-2005, 06:34 AM
send over the chad wick map my email addy is joplincouriorguy@yahoo.com is there a place to camp up there would love to stay a few days

sickmojave
12-07-2005, 11:02 AM
this may be to far for you guys.. http://www.riveroffroadpark.com/
it's fun but only good for day trips

wallabear
12-08-2005, 07:28 AM
I tried to send you the map but the file is like 49 megs after I zipped it. I will try to get it smaller but not sure that I can. Yes there are 2 camp grounds. Most ppl camp at the cob ridge camp ground, that is the newiest one. The one drawback is that there are no showers!!. It depands on the time of year but there are usually plenty of camp sites. Some even have electricity. Oh there is also a permit cost. $5 a day or a year pass for $15. You can get them at a little store right near there called "Kay's Store" they also have minor repair stuff as well, and some really good sandwitches. I am not sure if they are all that good or I am so hungry by time I eat them that they taste real good. I will try to get you that map

JOPLINGUY
12-11-2005, 10:57 AM
thanks for sending over the map that place is huge i hope to go ride it soon and if you like to drink beer and ride then you need to come over some weekend we can ride for a few hours and all night if you want

jlm996s
12-14-2005, 01:46 PM
You guys ever been to the Mark Twain Forest outside of Cassville? Me and couple of guys usually go there once or twice a month. I've never been to Chadwick, but I hear that Chadwick is a lot rougher than at Cassville. There is a new place outside of Seymour (http://www.offrdranch.com/index.html) that has 900 acres you can ride on. I haven't been there yet, but they are hosting a GNCC race in May...so I'll for sure be there then.

wallabear
12-15-2005, 07:59 AM
COOl!!! I never knew that was there, but then again I just moved to MO last year from PA. I think that the next warm-ish weekend I am going to have to give that place a ride and see what it is like. It is only like 30 min from Rogersville where i live. It is equal distance as Chadwick for me. You are right Chadwick can be ruff. After a full day of riding I sometimes feel like I was just in a car wreck. That is alot of abuse. On the up side it is a BLAST! I have had alot of fun there. From the Pics of that link it looks fun too. Only thing is that I would have to get a flag.

jlm996s
12-15-2005, 09:54 AM
PA...that's a heck of a move. Riding with a flag kinda stinks, but what can you do. There is a place in Rogersville called R.E. Cycle that could probably hook you up with a flag. If possible, try to get one that is spring loaded at the base...they seem to hold up better. When we go to the dunes you have to ride with one and I just had a regular flag....it didn't last too long.

I don't know what you ride or if you are interested in racing, but there is a race this Saturday just north of Branson. Here is the link. (www.hillbillygp.com)

wallabear
12-15-2005, 05:26 PM
not much of a racer. I mainly do trails and other stuff. I have a pretty stock 400ex. Just had it about a year and well, although it can move, it does not move like it should with me on it. I am a larger fellow. I just ride to have fun. I can think of no better reason to ride. not that racing is not fun but not my cup of tea. I have been to R.E. cycle a few times.