PDA

View Full Version : E-series Jetting

True rider
06-26-2002, 12:45 PM
Im getting a White Brothers E-series Slip-on, K&N air filter w/outerware I was wondering can I buy the Jet I need for these mods at my dealer w/o spending $40 for extra jets I wouldnt need, and what size jet should I use> Just so I dont have to test each one out. Oh yeah, I was going to get my shop to install them for me so How much should I expect to pay.$150

cunderwood
06-26-2002, 12:55 PM
Hey There,

Good question. I am looking to put a WB E-Series pipe on with the K&N filter and Outerwear also. I plan to leave the airbox lid on however. With the K&N and Outerwear, do I still need to rejet if I leave the airbox lid on?

Thanks,

Chris Underwood
2002 400EX

True rider
06-26-2002, 01:02 PM
O' and by the way Its a 250ex. Sorry:(

BornOnFire
06-26-2002, 01:05 PM
You guys will most likely have to re-jet. Elevation has a little to do with it so you may want to get a few different size jets from the dealer. Jetting is tricky, but not too complicated. I suggest that you do your mods without even Re Jetting just to see how it runs. All bikes are different and you may not need to Re Jet at all (though highly doubtful). If you do have to jet, go up in sizes incrementally. My advice? Buy each of the three jet sizes up on your pilot and main jet and spend a day tinkering with it. I read posts saying that a 170 main jet is the best when, after all, a 152 main was best for me. Also, do the work yourself. Don't be intimidated. You will save a ton of money and get a practical knowledge of you carburetor at the same time.

Good Luck.