PDA

View Full Version : paypal scam i got today...

Tommy 17
12-05-2005, 08:56 AM
We are currently performing regular maintenance of our security measures. Your account has been selected for this maintenance, and you will now be taken through a series of identity verification pages.

Protecting the security of your PayPal account is our primary concern, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

To update your PayPal Account, you must click the link below and complete all steps from the following page as we try to verify your identity.

i got an email today from paypal stating this... the email appears very generic and very unprofessional.. when i went into the email and it asked me for all kinda crap like my account name, password, social security number, etc... theres only one lil problem... I DONT HAVE PAYPAL!!!! so obviosuly they are sending these emails out to people hopin they have paypal and they will send them all their information to hack into your account...

be careful!

12-05-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
We are currently performing regular maintenance of our security measures. Your account has been selected for this maintenance, and you will now be taken through a series of identity verification pages.

Protecting the security of your PayPal account is our primary concern, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

To update your PayPal Account, you must click the link below and complete all steps from the following page as we try to verify your identity.

i got an email today from paypal stating this... the email appears very generic and very unprofessional.. when i went into the email and it asked me for all kinda crap like my account name, password, social security number, etc... theres only one lil problem... I DONT HAVE PAYPAL!!!! so obviosuly they are sending these emails out to people hopin they have paypal and they will send them all their information to hack into your account...

be careful! Report it to PayPal, I think they have a place on their site.

F-16Guy
12-05-2005, 09:23 AM
I just got the same thing a couple of days ago.:mad:

journeyman
12-05-2005, 10:08 AM
ive been getting those for like the past months...that exact one and others similair...telling me my account is suspended and i need to update...report it to paypal for sure

BLACKeR
12-05-2005, 10:28 AM
yeah ive been sending those out to random people for about a month now, trying to fund a new 450...couple more suckers and ill have it!!!

SGA
Yep, easy money they are looking for. There always have been bottom feeders, and always will be.

fandl450r
Yea these scams happen quite a bit, I've reported a few to PayPal. They will never send you an email asking you to input this kind of information. Alway check the URL its a dead giveaway.

Butters
12-05-2005, 10:57 AM
yeah i have got a few from paypal. i'm pretty sure you can report it though.

crday98
12-05-2005, 11:50 AM
to me, it is a waste of my time to email paypal about these scam emails. i get at least 10 of these a week and sometimes 10 of the very same email per day.
i used to report them only to see that the scam site is still up and running 5 to 6 days later. it seems like they could care less to put a stop to this kind of stuff ASAP like i feel they should.

i never clink on links to log into paypal. i always type in the url and do it that way to ensure i will never become a victim of getting scammed. i believe everyone should follow this practice. the same goes for ebay and other sites of the same nature.;)