PDA

View Full Version : help needed please

norcalduner
12-04-2005, 09:48 PM
how can i make a 400ex thumb throttle work on my stock R carb. i currently have a twist and want to convert. would it be a straight swap using the same carb tops or not ? any help appreciated. thanks in advance.

zedicus00
12-05-2005, 07:21 AM
cut the stopper out of the 400ex throttle and it will work fine. ive got one on a 35mm A/S carb on my girls blaster.

norcalduner
12-05-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by zedicus00
cut the stopper out of the 400ex throttle and it will work fine. ive got one on a 35mm A/S carb on my girls blaster.

what about the carb top cable end? do i just feed the cable and attach it to the slide ?

zedicus00
12-05-2005, 12:42 PM
yup. youl need a special cable to hook all that stuff up.... look up a cable for a 250R to aftermarket carb cable from motion pro.

norcalduner
12-05-2005, 05:39 PM
hey bro, i was looking to get a 38 a/s. does that carb come with a thumb throttle cable when you purchase it and will that cable just slip into the 400ex box ?
btw, thanks for all your input .

EXtreme-
12-05-2005, 06:38 PM
you can't use the 400ex cable with either carb. you need to change out the cable for the motion pro "fits all" kind which has a sweep elbow for the carb top, the right titty for the slide hookup, and a midship adjuster to set the slack in the cable. They work really slick. It will be needed with a new A/S too. They don't come with a cable.

or....sounds like the stock cable will fit the 400ex throttle body with the stopper mod as stated by zedicus

zedicus00
12-06-2005, 06:54 AM
ive never seen a stock 400ex cable. a stock 250R cable will work if you cut the lid and the bass insert off.... the motion pro cable with the bend in it is kinda a pain in the ars, i always try to order the one without the bend but half the time i get the one with the bend and hav to cut it off too.... i mod a lot of carbs from other things to get them to work on R's right now the carb i hav already had an elbow in the lid. and even if the carb doesnt hav an elbow in the lid a cable with out the elbow still works fine.