PDA

View Full Version : carrier bearing

Chicksdigme423
12-04-2005, 07:25 PM
i've only been into quads for about 5 months so i have never done carrier bearings and mine are bad, i searched it on here before i posted, and my neighbor who also has a 300ex is away at college... so what all do i have to do to swap out them bearings? i looked it over a good few times and i have an idea but i dont wanna tear into it and break something... so i'm asking first... any and all help that is constructive is appriciated

benbuilt4u
12-04-2005, 07:29 PM
spend a few bucks and get a reapir manual. itll not only help with the bearing but with everything else on your bike.

Chicksdigme423
12-04-2005, 07:35 PM
i've been wanting to, but i see myself as pretty mechanically able to do alot of things... guess i cant pull everything off... thanks though

DAVE14
12-04-2005, 07:58 PM
a manual would be a big help but 1st you musttake off right ,hub loosen or remove chain so it can fall off sprocket & loosenthe 2 big nuts on the right side (backwards thread)once there loose &the big springy lock ring is released all the stuff on the right side will slip off axle & then release big snapring at the carrier, & of course you must loosen the pinch bolts at the end of the carrier & thats it the carrier will be out (its really a bench job anyway)then I highly recomend a Rad carrier its greaseable & a drop in that you can slide everything back into the stock bearings cost me just as much as the rad unit & barely lasted 1 more season & besides theres a good chance you can break or chip the old one trying to get the bearings out

Chicksdigme423
12-04-2005, 08:32 PM
thanks i'll try that tomorrow