PDA

View Full Version : Front fender mounts

D Bergstrom
12-04-2005, 06:20 PM
I bought a 250R that had cut fenders on it, and there for did not have the lower fender supports. (The mount that attach's to the frame and then to the fender.) Are these the same from year to year? I have the left side, but I need the right side. The left side has the same part number for all years, but the right side varies from 86, 87 and 88-89. So I assume these are different. Both the 86 and 87's are discontinued according to Service Honda, and I have not tried to 88-89 as I do not know if it will work. Any body have any info on this? Anyone have the right fender support from a 86 they want to sell?

Thanks,

Doug

zedicus00
12-04-2005, 06:48 PM
if no one knows by this weekend i can loook at my dads, its an 88 an mines an 86. i want to say they r bent a lil different but look like they would work on any yr.. dont know for sure off hand though

deathman53
12-04-2005, 08:34 PM
86/87 are the same, and 88/89 are the same, the two different style frames won't interchange.

zedicus00
12-04-2005, 08:40 PM
i think hes just asking about the fende rmount.... and come to think of it. any yr plastic can be put on any yr are so unless it mounts to the frame in a different place, which i doubt, they should b compatible.

D Bergstrom
12-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by zedicus00
i think hes just asking about the fende rmount.... and come to think of it. any yr plastic can be put on any yr are so unless it mounts to the frame in a different place, which i doubt, they should b compatible.

That is what I thought. I knew all the plastic was the same, so I figured that the mount should also be the same. If anything, maybe they made a small change between the years at were it mounts to the frame? Well, I need to order some stuff from Service Honda tommorrow, so I guess if it is still available, I will order the 88-89 mount and see if it works. If not, maybe I can "make" it work.

Thanks for the help Zedicus00.

Doug

Rich250RRacer
12-04-2005, 10:00 PM
The only difference is the width of the area where the fender actually bolts to the bracket and I believe the radiator hose support on the right side, but they are all interchangable. The 86-87 style was about 3/4" wide at the fender mount area, the 88-89 were about 3/8".

D Bergstrom
12-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
The only difference is the width of the area where the fender actually bolts to the bracket and I believe the radiator hose support on the right side, but they are all interchangable. The 86-87 style was about 3/4" wide at the fender mount area, the 88-89 were about 3/8".

Thanks, looks like I will order a 88-89 style from Service Honda tomorrow. Hopefully, they are not discontinued. If they are, I saw a used pair for a 88 on ebay, and I will get those.

Thanks for the help,

Doug