PDA

View Full Version : America's Passions: OFF-ROAD

NacsMXer
12-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Anybody watching this right now on ABC? Pretty cool, it's presented by Nissan to promote their Titan truck, but has extensive segments on dirtbikes, sand dunes, sand rails, and even to my surprise a segment with Wes Miller about quads. They're showing a lot of Huevos footage too. This is pretty cool for me to see this on national television :macho Anybody else see this?

ny300exrider
12-04-2005, 02:46 PM
i watched it, was cool seeing quads get some positive promotion on national tv

rollie
12-04-2005, 02:47 PM
its not working for me:cool: is it over?

Robin Hood
12-04-2005, 03:10 PM
I thought it was a pretty awesome documentary. It mainly focused on the Baja. It was cool seein Wes on there though. This is like the first time Ive seen Pro Atv riding on tv, Im glad its starting to come around finally. :D

NacsMXer
12-04-2005, 04:18 PM
I totally agreed with a lot of the riders how they feel that there is a constant inner battle with yourself and fear while you're riding. No risk, no rewards :) How many times have you looked at a jump, and said to yourself, "I can do that". Sure, you're scared the first time you hit it, but what's even more rewarding is the sense of accomplishment you get after you make it.

Someone else said that they couldn't think of anything else that could ever replace this sport. That is so true too, riding my quad balls out on a MX track is the most fun i've EVER had in my life, nothing can ever compare to that feeling. Sure, other sports are fun, but you don't get the same "thrill factor".

I just thought it was really cool for the riders to talk about what they do, how they feel, and why they do it. You don't get to see that much let alone on national TV :D

BlasterEaten250
12-04-2005, 04:40 PM
Dang! I was at farm and fleet picking up a battery for my brothers atv while it was on!:(

Quad18star
12-04-2005, 06:35 PM
I watched it tonight . Like you guys have said , it was pretty awesome seeing ATVs getting good publicity for a change . I think they did an awesome job and Wes gave a great interview . I was hoping it was going to be the whole hour of ATVs , but 20 minutes is a good start . :)