PDA

View Full Version : what kind of quad is good for trails and track

killen them all
12-04-2005, 10:02 AM
im looking for a cheap quad for the trails and track im thinking a 250x not a big mx guy i just cant ride mine in trails cuz of the +8swingarm and it is to fast for them and the turning is not good for the trails im thinking a 250x or old banshee i want the bikes motors to be stock the stuff i want to do to the X is first extended the arms and get a dura blue axle and 400ex shocks 400ex carbs a big bore kit and a good pipe andcool plastic and the banshee keep stock besides exhaust and filter and bumper

400exrules
12-04-2005, 10:12 AM
ok mr. whitelakemotors/roostinthedunes.......please tell me how your craptor is ''TOO'' fast for trails...:huh :huh

how can something be too fast for trails:huh , maybe....its too fast for you to handle?

and just get a cheap used 400ex, dont get a banshee for trail riding

killen them all
12-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules
ok mr. whitelakemotors/roostinthedunes.......please tell me how your craptor is ''TOO'' fast for trails...:huh :huh

how can something be too fast for trails:huh , maybe....its too fast for you to handle?

and just get a cheap used 400ex, dont get a banshee for trail riding cuz i justd bought a +8 swingarm and im geting a big bore get for christmas my dad gave me the hint wich was lrd so i think its the lrd kit and my birthday is jan7 and im getting nitrous kit and i hav a lowering kit on front so it sucks at everything but drag racing and duning and the trails here are real tight and lot of jumps and all yamaha shocks suck besides the yfz i want a bike to ride the trails at my woods and a 400ex is to much money i only have around a 1,200 and i coulded get a banshee for that but i realy would like a honda so no blasters or other brand bikes

400exrules
12-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by killen them all
cuz i justd bought a +8 swingarm and im geting a big bore get for christmas my dad gave me the hint wich was lrd so i think its the lrd kit and my birthday is jan7 and im getting nitrous kit and i hav a lowering kit on front so it sucks at everything but drag racing and duning and the trails here are real tight and lot of jumps and all yamaha shocks suck besides the yfz i want a bike to ride the trails at my woods and a 400ex is to much money i only have around a 1,200 and i coulded get a banshee for that but i realy would like a honda so no blasters or other brand bikes

holy cow, take a breath.....you used zero periods in that whole paragraph

for that little money all your gonna be able to get is a POS blaster or a POS 250x....but ive seen some blasters that are decent on trails, so dont remove them from the equation completely.

what kind of drag racing. do you do any organized drag racing?

killen them all
12-04-2005, 11:10 AM
i am sarting it this summer up at silver lake not the sand dunes but its a place by the sand dune

and for the blaster i dont really like the old yamahas there motors.They are good for about 1-2 years then they are done and you need a rebuild. Honda on the other hand you can ride as hard as you wont and it will still be running the next day. Nothing agenst yamaha but i just want to ride and f around on it. yamaha are just built around the hole dune riding. I ride yamaha and woulded want anything elis for the dunes and duning is what i like doing. But i want to just go out and ride in the woods and jump and go throw some mud and have fun and not worry about me braking it and have it be that big of a deal

Hon300ex
12-04-2005, 12:25 PM

and for the blaster i dont really like the old yamahas there motors.They are good for about 1-2 years then they are done and you need a rebuild. Honda on the other hand you can ride as hard as you wont and it will still be running the next day. Nothing agenst yamaha but i just want to ride and f around on it. yamaha are just built around the hole dune riding. I ride yamaha and woulded want anything elis for the dunes and duning is what i like doing. But i want to just go out and ride in the woods and jump and go throw some mud and have fun and not worry about me braking it and have it be that big of a deal

im never heard of anyone having motor problems after 2 years. i see blasters for the 80's still ridin around. everyone makes honda to be to reliable but they have problems to.

killen them all
12-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Hon300ex
im never heard of anyone having motor problems after 2 years. i see blasters for the 80's still ridin around. everyone makes honda to be to reliable but they have problems to.

im sure the if you have seend any blasters form the 80s it has been rebuilt a few times

ExRider1986
12-04-2005, 04:21 PM
If you only have 1200 bucks to throw around and are looking for a good all around trail quad I would suggest a 300ex. I bought my 97' last year for 1200 bucks and it was in pretty good shape. I have maybe put 500 dollars in to it including the cost of a top end rebuild. I mean come on nothing lasts forever or atv companies would never make as much money if they built something that lasted forever. A 300ex is a good quad and if its not as fast as you want you can always go with different sprockets. Other than 11:1 weisco kit and different sprockets my 300ex is pretty much stock, and I can run with 350 raptor that has a cam, jets, exhaust and titanium valve springs.

Honda TRX250ex
12-04-2005, 04:32 PM
im looking for a cheap quad for the trails and track im thinking a 250x not a big mx guy i just cant ride mine in trails cuz of the +8swingarm and it is to fast for them and the turning is not good for the trails im thinking a 250x or old banshee i want the bikes motors to be stock the stuff i want to do to the X is first extended the arms and get a dura blue axle and 400ex shocks 400ex carbs a big bore kit and a good pipe andcool plastic and the banshee keep stock besides exhaust and filter and bumper
hey you type like me
you must be in my englsih class flirting with the girls:devil: