PDA

View Full Version : 4wheelers roll great on a mountain

wht_blue_300ex
06-26-2002, 12:51 AM
i just rolled my for wheeler down a huge hill :( ok maybe it was a mountain but i bent my frame and pipe. but what im asking is everything looks fine on it expect the frame which is now fixed and welded and the pipe which is destroyed is there anything i should look for which might be broken or need to be replaced. all ansewers welcomed and thanks:)

06-26-2002, 10:13 AM
I'd pull all the plastic off and clean it real good and then go over it with a fine tooth comb..

Ex'r Marlin
06-26-2002, 10:41 AM
First, I would do what Rico said. Looking at everything while you wash it may help pinpoint another area of concern.

Then I would set the atv up on a stand and rotate the rear axle, and front tires and look for bent rims, rotor, sprocket, axle, etc. I would also make sure everything moves (rotates) relatively smooth. (Steering stem and tie rods).

Then I would check the shocks, making sure the travel is there, watching for any kind of binding action.

From there, I would check the oil level and make sure the air filter is still in tack. Then, if it starts up ok, I would take a little ride on it and see how it feels.

Good luck.... I recently had the same thing happen to me:rolleyes:

06-26-2002, 11:27 AM
exer marlin I guess they didn't have guard rails were he was at either:confused: ;)

wht_blue_300ex
06-26-2002, 01:54 PM
thanks guys for all the help.:D