PDA

View Full Version : just racked up about 1200 in parts for my rebuild for free free

Rootar
12-03-2005, 10:34 PM
yea guys today we took my brothers 250 to trade in on a new 05 400 for him and they had a recall on the 400s and couldnt sell any of them so we took my rear shock over to HRI so damon could send it off to be rebuilt and to order my frotn shocks and we told him we were looking at the 05s and he had a 400 in the back that was forsale guy only wants 3800 it only has (its a 2001) only has 36 hours on the motor (has a tach that was installed by damon the day the guy bought it in 01), here is what all its got : hot cams stage 1, HRI (fireball) +2 chrome arms, +2+4 durabule axle (with warrenty), ducan bumper, prm grab bar, graydon nerfs, pro taper bars, grips, works dual rates with rezzys on the front, full full big gun exhaust (newer version), k&n filter, 16 tooth front sproket, quite abit of other stuff too plus he is giving us the stock fortn shocks and other stock parts.

so basically my little brother onyl trail rides and plays around and has no interest in jumping big or mx, so i talked him into swapping axles, arms, and exhaust with me:devil: (i know its wrong) but oh well he wanted a stock width 400 and he thinks he has to have a heat shield so he wont burn his leg becasue he mostly rides sitting down with his legs stuck to the tank i dunno why. we are going back down there to get the bike on tuesday

now my list on my rebuild is tallying up the only thing left is to get a swing arm and i think i wait till i crack mine or i find a good deal on a used one. after that i belive my bike will be complete here is my list of all the stuff in my rebuild SO FAR

-TCS triple rate remote rezzie comp. adj front shocks w/zps
-TCS rear full rebuild and conversion w/zps
-Frame gusseted and powder coated (gloss white)
-subframe= 250r grab bar mounts and powder coated (gloss white)
-PRM baja front bumper
-PRM .125 chassis skid
-PRM 250r baja grab bar
-ss (red) rear brake line
-dirt skins shock covers f/r
-new grips and bar pad
-replacement rear rotor (mines bent)
-hubs pc'd red
- swing arm Pc'd black
-brake and shifter pedals pc'd red or black
-motor mounts Pc'd
- +2 HRI a arms
-dura blue +2+4 axle
- Big Gun full exhaust
-polished bolt kit to use on low stress areas
-gonna polish alot of stuff

add all of this to whats in my sig and thats what she'll be when shes done

wow i never woulda thought things would turn out so good today, maybe tomorrow will be good too and ill score that sweet 100 in cash for employee of the month :D