PDA

View Full Version : for those of you who have the 06 hrc

Burnt12
12-03-2005, 09:40 PM
i was just curious what everyone was plannin on doing with there header they get?

are you goin to keep it and get a slip on or just toss it and get a full system?

eagertorace
12-04-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Burnt12
i was just curious what everyone was plannin on doing with there header they get?

are you goin to keep it and get a slip on or just toss it and get a full system?

I'm getting a Sparks Big Core full system for mine. I like the hrc header but I'm sure the full system will make more hp and torque.

trayscool
12-04-2005, 09:22 PM
im gonna run a hrc header with a yoshi pipe. i dont see why you would buy a full system when your already half way there

trx450Rrider
12-05-2005, 02:50 PM
BECAUSEEEEEEEEEEEE the hrc header probably isnt as good as most other headers

KRMit
12-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by trx450Rrider
BECAUSEEEEEEEEEEEE the hrc header probably isnt as good as most other headers
No offense but "probably" is a key word there. I'd hate to waste a few hundred dollars because something might be better. Again, no offense to you though.

kx515
12-05-2005, 04:29 PM
I think joe from Rossier did a comparo with the new rossier (06) and the hrc pipe w/endcap and there was not that much difference. Joe said that the hrc pipe (header) was very well built.
Check out the org. for more details.

This is the quote from Joe.

I put the complete 06 HRC kit on with the pipe completely open and the barrel screen removed from the air filter. It was just shy of 46HP Adding the Rossier pipe and Hot Cam stage 2 bumped it up to 47.9 HP. The HRC cam sucks but the HRC head pipe and the can open works good. I had a hard time coming up with a pipe to make more power. .8HP on peak and 1.5HP on over rev thr rest of the power was added by the Hot cam. I just got a call from Janssen motorsports and they told be they dynoed the 06 HRC kit then put on so and so's pipe and lost one horsepower. I think that is the reason why most company's have not released there pipes yet because the HRC pipe is that good.

Here's the link: http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=13954

eagertorace
12-06-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by kx515
I think joe from Rossier did a comparo with the new rossier (06) and the hrc pipe w/endcap and there was not that much difference. Joe said that the hrc pipe (header) was very well built.
Check out the org. for more details.

This is the quote from Joe.

I put the complete 06 HRC kit on with the pipe completely open and the barrel screen removed from the air filter. It was just shy of 46HP Adding the Rossier pipe and Hot Cam stage 2 bumped it up to 47.9 HP. The HRC cam sucks but the HRC head pipe and the can open works good. I had a hard time coming up with a pipe to make more power. .8HP on peak and 1.5HP on over rev thr rest of the power was added by the Hot cam. I just got a call from Janssen motorsports and they told be they dynoed the 06 HRC kit then put on so and so's pipe and lost one horsepower. I think that is the reason why most company's have not released there pipes yet because the HRC pipe is that good.

Here's the link: http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=13954

I'm replying on this Joe's guy quote. First of all, nothing Honda puts out sucks. (He must be a distributor of Hotcams). He states that he had a hard time coming up with a pipe to make more power, he should try a full sparks system. Also for Janssen, were they using slip on pipes or full systems. As for the hrc header, it's a good header for this hrc kit, Honda will only do so much while keeping it reliable. Who else out there puts out a kit from the factory that bumps up the hp like HONDA does? I'm not trying to knock any heads here just saying the hrc cam doesn't suck AT ALL.

joe benner
12-07-2005, 07:56 AM
How do you know the pipe than made less power than the HRC might be spark's?

duke416ex
12-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by eagertorace
I'm replying on this Joe's guy quote. First of all, nothing Honda puts out sucks. (He must be a distributor of Hotcams). He states that he had a hard time coming up with a pipe to make more power, he should try a full sparks system. Also for Janssen, were they using slip on pipes or full systems. As for the hrc header, it's a good header for this hrc kit, Honda will only do so much while keeping it reliable. Who else out there puts out a kit from the factory that bumps up the hp like HONDA does? I'm not trying to knock any heads here just saying the hrc cam doesn't suck AT ALL.

This guy Joe is Joe Rossier, the man who designs and makes Rossier exhaust, one of the site sponsors. These pipes have been proven time after time on several different dynos to be the one of the top 2 or 3 pipes for power on the 450r, close with only Pulse Charger. The reason he used the hotcam is cause it is close to the duration and lift as the hrc and about half the price of buying just the hrc cam.

eagertorace
12-07-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by duke416ex
This guy Joe is Joe Rossier, the man who designs and makes Rossier exhaust, one of the site sponsors. These pipes have been proven time after time on several different dynos to be the one of the top 2 or 3 pipes for power on the 450r, close with only Pulse Charger. The reason he used the hotcam is cause it is close to the duration and lift as the hrc and about half the price of buying just the hrc cam.

It probably is a good pipe, still doesn't make the hrc cam suck.
look at the differences in the dyno's, very very little.

eagertorace
12-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by joe benner
How do you know the pipe than made less power than the HRC might be spark's?

I doubt it