PDA

View Full Version : Dealership stories

rmz250
12-03-2005, 08:21 PM
talk about yor dealership stories. its amazing what they do.

watts16
12-03-2005, 08:49 PM
this came from a friend... he goes into the local bike shop and asks when he will be getting in the 06 450r. he said honda hadnt even released them yet. (they had been out for about 2 weeks) lol. This shop was stuck in the 70s they just now got computers this year. the had microfishes (sp.?) up until about 6 months ago lol

Hyperwarrior22
12-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Our dealership also fixes quads so my neighbor got a quad fixed from the dealership and it cost him $500.

He rode the bike for 2 weeks and it complety shut down and he never rode the bike again

thrasher_ex
12-03-2005, 09:19 PM
I saw Santa Clause and Mrs. Clause at my dealership today.:eek2:

One_Bad_400
12-03-2005, 10:57 PM
lets see... my newest adventior... i went in about 4 days ago going in to get some bolts that go inside the engine... the dude surched for like 20 minutes... couldnt find them... the turned the screen... i said click on starter clutch... he said they wouldnt be in there... i told him to click it.. he clicked it DING DING DING!! there they were... 45 min trip when i found them in 30 sec. tops... they suck ***...

but my worst one... is i took my 400ex in needing cam chain, chain tensener and 2 valves were bent... they tried telling me 4 valves were bent and i needed a new piston... there was absolutly no need for a piston... and the damn thing only has 4 valves... its absolutly imposible to bend 4 valves...

trict_out
12-03-2005, 11:17 PM
My dealer told me that 450r's were so high performance if you let them idle long enough they would spit coolant...hell i hope that aint true:eek:

coryatver
12-03-2005, 11:36 PM
When I go to get parts I just look up the part numbers online before i go so they don't have search for 15 minutes.

TheFontMaster
12-03-2005, 11:52 PM
When ever I get parts from my dealer I just show them on thier computer what I want.

2004exrider
12-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Before i got my 400ex, they told me that the 450r wasnt that much noticably faster than the ex, so it wasnt worth me spending the extra money:grr: I shoulda called B.S.

Jimmy

Atkins
12-04-2005, 12:33 AM
My buddy got an lsr axle installed on his 400ex over the summer at our local dealership, and it stripped itself up pretty bad. When he took it apart he realized they used absolutely no grease on it anywhere and it was completely dry. Maybe this is because this dealership has been caught by my buddies with a bunch of employees drinking on the job all the time, and they have a bad reputation with whoever ive talked to about them. They say its a chop shop, and they steal back the bikes they sell, dont know how true that is.

standardryder
12-04-2005, 07:05 AM
i brought my 300ex to a dealership and they looked it over and said they would give me $2,000 for it twards a new 450r. so i brought it home and wet back the next weekend and they re looked it over and said they would only give me $500 for it... its an 01 with a few decent mods. i told them f-you i could get that for my exhaust and suspension and left.

at a different dealership my bro bought a bran new 05 yfz450 limited edition and like a week later, as soon as he started it the header would be glowing bright red before it was even warmed up. so he brought it back to have them fix it, and when he got it home it didnt start. first off, the gas tank was full of water due to beng left outside ina heay rainstorm, and second of all one of the screws was snapped off inside the carb... they blamed it on yamaha for a faulty carb. but he got it all fixed for free cause it was still under warranty.

theTman
12-04-2005, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by standardryder
i brought my 300ex to a dealership and they looked it over and said they would give me $2,000 for it twards a new 450r. so i brought it home and wet back the next weekend and they re looked it over and said they would only give me $500 for it... its an 01 with a few decent mods. i told them f-you i could get that for my exhaust and suspension and left.

haha that was funny as hell...."we cant give you anything for the YZ" "ya whatever i got someone who will buy it for $800 dickwads"

Die hard honda
12-04-2005, 08:09 AM
Our dealership is awesome, the guy that works the parts counter seems to know every nut and bolt in the 250R and 450R's.
Last year, when we rebuilt my 250R, he ended up giving us like 25-40% off of everything we bought. I've never had a problem at our dealership.

ZeroLogic
12-04-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Atkins
My buddy got an lsr axle installed on his 400ex over the summer at our local dealership, and it stripped itself up pretty bad. When he took it apart he realized they used absolutely no grease on it anywhere and it was completely dry. Maybe this is because this dealership has been caught by my buddies with a bunch of employees drinking on the job all the time, and they have a bad reputation with whoever ive talked to about them. They say its a chop shop, and they steal back the bikes they sell, dont know how true that is.

that happened with my axle my friend got it installed from a dealership and they put no grease whatsoever i wasnt happy when i found out
i also had some engine work done and they put the oil filter backwards:rolleyes: so it over headed it cost me a new pistion rings 2 valves valve seals rockers and cam i wasnt happy either

YFZ450Ridr
12-04-2005, 09:04 AM
back when i had my 250ex they tried to sell me an oil filter for it( it doesnt have one) and i sat there for 15 mins arguing with this idiot and finally he looked it up on thier 'all knowing' computers and i was right. i dont think they know anything about ANYTHING, all they do when u ask a question is go on the computer and look it up.

Rich250RRacer
12-04-2005, 09:19 AM
I can't give any parts stories, since I get everything wholesale and look up all my own part numbers ( I'm fortunate enough to have every microfiche for Honda ATV's and have new ones sent to me whenever they are released). But I do have a story about a sales experience. In 1991 I went to Park Honda in Akron to purchase a '91 CR250. I spoke to a salesman on the phone, confirmed that he had one on the floor and made the 45 minute drive there. I walked in the door with a $2000 down payment in hand, and found the bike and the guy I talked to on the phone. From there it was all down hill. The salesman told me to be patient and he would get me a credit app and run it to get the deal finalized. After sitting there on the bike I planned to buy for almost two hours (nobody else even wanted to help me), the salesman returned and said that since it was Saturday, he couldn't run the application and I would have to come back on Monday. I have never again set foot in Park Honda, apparently my money is no good there. That Monday I called Andrews cycles in Salem. They had a leftover '90 CR250 and I had the deal finalized on the phone.

ethanp87
12-04-2005, 09:20 AM
well i went to my local honda dealer where i bought my 300ex to get a head gasket the last thing i needed to be done with my overhaul they didnt have one and i went somewhere else to get it but 3 weeks later they called saying they had it.

deathman53
12-04-2005, 09:45 AM
it is true if you let a 450r idle for long enough it will spit coolant(if you disconnect the fan), infact any liquid cooled bike will(may take longer on some bikies), my crf450r hybrid has a walsh radiator and it will spit coolant after idling for 5 minutes. But that doesn't mean its that "high performance" its the nature of the beast, if your car didn't have a radiator fan, you would overheat and stall out sitting in trafic for 5 mintues.

I have a good dealership story, I brought my xr250 there to be rejetted, they told me that I'd have to leave the bike there, its gonna take them almost 2 weeks to get to doing the work and it would take them about 2 hours at $85/hr. I bought 2 sizes larger jets from a local repair shop and it was done, $8. A guy I know brought his raptor to the dealer after it blew up, he got the estimated repair list, the put every bolt on the list(even though they were all there) and every idividual gasket(instead of the whole kit for 1/4 the cost).

Punk'd
12-04-2005, 10:58 AM
My dealership is stupid. Everything is just way over priced. Soon they will start chargeing for drinks from the drinking fountain:rolleyes:

coolex
12-04-2005, 12:42 PM
last time i went to my honda dealership i got a free hot dog mountian dew and popcorn it was sweet.

TheFontMaster
12-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by coolex
last time i went to my honda dealership i got a free hot dog mountian dew and popcorn it was sweet.

My honda dealer has a popcorn machine so you can get popcorn whenever you want.

coolex
12-04-2005, 01:53 PM
ya mine always has the popcorn but i miss the free hot dogs and drinks

TRX_450
12-04-2005, 05:54 PM
we dont have a honda dealer for like 50 miles :( so im forced to go the WAY overpriced yamaha dealer.....i know him and alot of the guys personally and most of the time when im waitin will talk em into lettin me ride sumthin....:devil:

12-04-2005, 06:52 PM
i filled out paperwork to get the loan and buy the 450r for about an hour with the sales rep when the 450r's come out. after were finished I walk outside to load it up in my truck on my ramps and while im doing this the owner walks out and says he cant sell me the 450r for that price so he gives me my money back and I go to the nexst door the next day and get it $200 cheaper for $6500 OTD

trx400exat00
12-04-2005, 07:29 PM
thers a place in massillon called j&j and one of the guys at the desk is really intelligent and is a genious i think with quads and gives me and my bro like 20% cause we bought a yfz and 400ex thier now we bought a vinson 500 for my pa sooo its awsome but the other guy is a total loser! lol

12-04-2005, 08:19 PM
my dealership is great, i get 15-20% discounts on everything in the store:devil:

Doober
12-04-2005, 09:05 PM
i work at my local quad shop...to bad there a bunch of scammers lol im just there for the discount on parts i order...;)

12-04-2005, 09:19 PM
There is a honda dealership about 20 min from me. The place stocks a bunch of handle bar pads and t-shirts. Anything eltse you have to order for big $$.
I needed a flywheel cover gasket for my 400ex. I called them up and they said they had 2 in stock. I get there, no gaskets... pissed me off.

About 40 min from me, there is a yamaha, honda, suzuki, and others, dealership. If you dont mind waiting on hold for 10 min to get throu or waiting 1 hour in the parts line it is a good place. When I call If I dont get the one guy in there that knows what he is dooing I hang up and call back.
I riecently asked this dealership for a sponsorship. They gave me a great offer that I am planning to take. A new quad at 1/2 price and parts at cost. at the end of the season if I want the next years model I can sell the quad at the dealership and get 1/2 of what it sells for. sounds good to me..