PDA

View Full Version : Timing On A 99 400ex

JOPLINGUY
12-03-2005, 06:12 PM
DOES ANY ONE HAVE A WAY THEY CAN SEND ME THE TIMING PROCEDURES FOR THIS BIKE I THOUGHT I HAD IT TIMED RIGHT BUT IT WONT START SO IT HAS TO BE WRONG IF THEY HAVE A PRINT OUT OF IT PLEASE EMAIL IT TO ME AT JOPLINCOURIORGUY@YAHOO.COM

T.Hopp
12-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Do a search. It is right at your fingertips.

JOEX
12-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by JOPLINGUY
DOES ANY ONE HAVE A WAY THEY CAN SEND ME THE TIMING PROCEDURES FOR THIS BIKE I THOUGHT I HAD IT TIMED RIGHT BUT IT WONT START SO IT HAS TO BE WRONG IF THEY HAVE A PRINT OUT OF IT PLEASE EMAIL IT TO ME AT JOPLINCOURIORGUY@YAHOO.COM
What did you do to require adjusting the timing?

Like T.Hopp said, there probably is an answer already here;)

JOPLINGUY
12-03-2005, 07:38 PM
i have done some searching and i have had no luck this is my first 4stroke honda and it may be my last lol i need pics call me stupid

BSTURDIVANT
12-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Flywheel on TDC mark, cam sprocket marks as close to horrizontal with the top of head as you can get, cam lobes down. Worn chain will throw it higher on right side!

Common cause of not starting is loosing the plunger out of the head for the compression release!

JOPLINGUY
12-04-2005, 10:51 AM
it had a blown head gasket so i had to remove the top half of the motor and now i cant get it to time righti was told this bike had the 440 kit done on it would that make any difference and on the flywheel there is alot of marks is the sideways t for top dead center please let me know i would love to ride this thing some day but damm the 2stroke modols are sure looking better every day and what does this plunger look like

speedfreaksguy
12-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Yes, the sideways T is the mark you're looking for. The plunger is under the decompresion mech. on the sprocket end of the cam.

T.Hopp
12-05-2005, 06:42 PM
At the top of the home page there is an ARTICLES selection next to the FORUMS selection. Click on " ARTICLES " and read down the list. DIY Valve Adjustment. Happy reading.