PDA

View Full Version : proud new owner

thrasher_ex
12-03-2005, 01:48 PM
im so excited, i just picked up my 450er today!!! i got a good deal on it too, knowing employees really helps ;) i cant ride it for 3 weeks though because of bad grades:mad: ...this thing is gonna be polished, cleaned, and went over with a fine tooth comb by then lol

the battery has allready crapped out though, anyone else have this problem? does warranty cover it? what problems are 06 owners having with their bikes?

400exstud
12-03-2005, 02:11 PM
START STUDYING!!! Then get out and ride that monster.

I use a battery tender. Works wonders in the winter except now my dad put it on his harley so my battery is basically dead now.

remmyTRX
12-03-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure what has happened to the battery if you haven't rode it yet.

Check all your bolts... I have heard others say their bolts were loose from the factory. I didn't have that problem.

thrasher_ex
12-03-2005, 05:14 PM
well i let my friend ride it. and just starting it up a few times. now the battery is dead as dirt. i have to hook it on the charger every time to start, and it wont re-charge and keep a charge so im thinkin i need a new battery....

400exstud
12-03-2005, 09:16 PM
Because of the complexity of the electrical system this may be totally unrelated but:

Last year my regulator/rectifier (little black thing with cooling fins near the battery) died which stopped the charging of my bike meaning that it needed a new battery every week. The reason for it going was that the metal prongs that it has (which act like the prongs on an electrical cord) all rusted and broke.

This shouldn't happen on a brand new bike but it is a start in the search for the culprit.

blackisback06
12-04-2005, 10:24 AM
i had this problem when i got mine.. just turn the idle up a little bit and put it on a battery charger for a few hours crank it up and ride it for a good solid hour with the idle up. This happens because the electric start is rather weak from the factory and the compression on the engine is very high and is hard to turn over therefore it takes alot of juice to crank that monster up. so it probably isnt the battery. mine done the same thing but once i got to riding it regularly with the idle up a lil bit it turned out fine. after bout a tank of gas and i got used to starting the engine i turned the idle back down. also they tend to start better in neutral with no gas priming at all. so try starting without hitting the gas as much.... and congrats on getting a badass 4wheeler i love mine hopefully u will love urs just as much

XCRACER26
12-04-2005, 08:48 PM
Im 15 and If i had bad grades''which I dont'' as soon as the house is empty brapp brapp. there is no way I could just let it sit.:eek2:

Diedrich
12-04-2005, 10:41 PM
i haven't had a problem with my battery

jeepnrocks
12-04-2005, 11:58 PM
congrats!

supradean
12-05-2005, 08:53 AM
No Battery issues at all....and its cold as all **** here and my garage is not insulated.
However the other day i went for a rip and stalled it and it would start after. The starter was making afunny whining noise and it wouldnt catch. I put it in the truck and headed to ym buddies house for riding. When i got there i was like dude my quad is broken. So i showed him and as i did it fired right up.
He says...typcial honda, fixes itself......lol