PDA

View Full Version : After ride maintenance

cma120714
12-03-2005, 07:06 AM
I am most sure I am getting a 250 ex and I was wandering what should I do every day after riding, mantenance wise?

12-03-2005, 07:31 AM
i go a little overboard...i take all the fenders, wheels brake calipers, and any thing else that will come off easily and clean...this gives mea clean bike, but most importantly gives me a chance to look for parts that need to be replaced like brake pads, axle bearings, chain/sprockets, etc...maintenance is the key to keeeping a bike running well

DaleJrFan
12-03-2005, 10:32 AM
a good wash job and re-lube the moving parts. i always check the air filter and fluid levels too.

Honda TRX250ex
12-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i go a little overboard...i take all the fenders, wheels brake calipers, and any thing else that will come off easily and clean...this gives mea clean bike, but most importantly gives me a chance to look for parts that need to be replaced like brake pads, axle bearings, chain/sprockets, etc...maintenance is the key to keeeping a bike running well
just a little overboard:p
i wash it and check fluids and brakes

250r4life
12-04-2005, 04:05 PM
you mean you guys use the brakes? i mostly just use the throttle, cltuch and shifter... i thought brakes were just for emergencies or somn... :D
after every ride i spray it down and clean the airfilter... then occasionally i will got through and do a more thorough job of cleaning every little place meticulously and changing my fluids...

blasterfury7474
12-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Yeah, 250r4life, you say that now. Try not having any brakes. I have a blaster with the mechanical brakes that dont work for more than 2 days. You wouldnt be saying that if you didnt have any.

250r4life
12-05-2005, 12:45 AM
im just playing bro, of course i use my brakes... any good rider does/has to

kevmo
12-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Short ride - quick cleaning, visually inspect everyhting to make sure nothing is coming loose.

Long/reg ride - wash with soap, water and simple green, use pressure washer if needed (carefully). Check all fluid, check and lube chain, check air pressure and then hang wheelies up and down the street under the guise of drying the engine off

texasame
12-09-2005, 06:53 PM
wash, lube, inspect, and admire.

tater_kamik
12-10-2005, 04:36 PM
i wash her down, lube the chain, clean the filter every few times, change oil every few times, etc. take good care of your quad, and it will be much more reliable then if you dont take care of it and beat on it!

wboy62417
12-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by texasame
wash, lube, inspect, and admire.

Yep also ALWAYS check your oil before you start it i ran mine without oil once and all of you know what can happen if you do that Lets just say i spent a few hundred dollars replacing piston and rings and such but i got off lucky now i always check my oil before i go

TacomaNC4X4
12-14-2005, 09:15 PM
im parinoid about checking my oil i check it ALL the time. i had a 01 400ex for a week and it threw a rod right through the bottem of the case.

Knarf0486
12-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by blasterfury7474
Yeah, 250r4life, you say that now. Try not having any brakes. I have a blaster with the mechanical brakes that dont work for more than 2 days. You wouldnt be saying that if you didnt have any.

This guy aint kidding, i had a blaster for almost a year and it really does last about 2 days on a brand new set of brakes, its terrible. im so glad i got rid of that thing.

As for maintence, the usual wash her down, lube chain and other moving parts, and change the oil every few rides depending on how hard/long the riding is, clean and oil my air filter. take care of it, it'll take care of you.

350rider89
12-19-2005, 03:58 PM
just oil the chian ever 3 or 4 rides and wash it and check the fliuds before every ride

12-20-2005, 08:39 PM
looks like I dont maintain as well as I thot I did....

brakes.. lol. my quad has one front tire for brakes now.. lol. It locks up and slides. basically does nothing.

I have been driving w/o brakes for a cupple weeks now. it isnt so bad. just have to take it easy... to slow doun I just dounshift then use my one tire brake to come to a complete stop.

I usually go throu my bike ( change fluids, check wiring, check bolts for tightness, cleen filter) like 1 time per month. or like every other race. other than that I dont do much. just gas er up and go.