PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Know about the Yamaha 350 Bruin

Elyk
12-03-2005, 06:36 AM
My whole family is getting quads and my sister wants to get a yamaha 350 bruin. I was just wondering if people had heard anything about it or owns one you information is highly appreciated. My sister only wants an automatic, She might do little dune hills nothing to big etc...

Alaska Racer
12-03-2005, 04:27 PM
THEY ARE SICK QUADS, my friends mom has one, they are very very fun. she loves it and even i love it. its like a sport quad but only automatic and heavy. its just like the qrizzuily but only lighter and funner.

Elyk
12-04-2005, 09:35 AM
How would it do in the dunes.She is getting the 2wd.

MudMonsterGrizz
12-05-2005, 10:11 AM
It all depends what you are wanting to do with the bike. If you are planning to put bigger, more aggressive tires on it then I would not think it’s the quad for that. The lack of low range does leave something to be desired in my book and there are some other things that it lacks. As a base line quad for someone that is basically looking to trail ride it’s a great machine. For mudder or workhorse it doesn’t have the low end grunt to get the job done.

Elyk
12-05-2005, 06:28 PM
But how would it do stock from the factory. She is not going to modify it or anything, she was just wondering how it would do in the dunes. Just the littler hills nothing huge.

MudMonsterGrizz
12-06-2005, 08:13 AM
I would imagine from the factory that it would feel okay. Don’t get me wrong it will be a beast by no means, but it should have sufficient power for pulling it’s own weight around.

Another problem I have with the lack of low range is that most manufacturers will tell you that driving at speeds less than 30MPH you should use low range to reduce the heat and slippage of the belt, which in turn reduces the wear on the belt. Being that the Bruin has no low range it’s impossible to run it in low range so I imagine that this would cut down the belt life. Not sure on how much it would cut down the belt life, but it would have to cut it down some.

For a starter ATV I think it would be a good choice though.