PDA

View Full Version : Picking up my 06' TRX450ER Tomorrow

Bad Brad777
12-02-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm picking up my new 450ER tomorrow. I'm thrilled. Got the HRC kit installed at the dealer...should run good. I currently have an 03' 400EX. It's been an awesome bike, but I want more power. After listening to a few of you on this forum, I just hope I'm as impressed as many of you have been.

Scro
12-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Congratulations! I wish I didn't have as much money in my '04 as I do. I would have one for sure.

Bad Brad777
12-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Got my 450 yesterday. WOW! They do have a ton of power. A definite difference from my 400. I believe I'll be very happy.
One thing I'm a bit concerned about though is comments I got from the dealer. They said that all of the 450's have been good for their service department. He said the best thing we can do as owners is to change the oil frequently, (he changes his after every 3 rides) and keep the air filter clean and recommended that we don't use the K&N. Reasoning was that the bike sucks so much air that too many fine particulates will get through that filter, but the use of a sock would wisel over the stock filter when riding in sand. He noted that he went through 3 valve jobs in his first year of ownership. Since he started taking this advice, he hasn't had any problems. Could this be the source of the oil consumption many here talk about?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Happy riding!

jeepnrocks
12-05-2005, 12:04 AM
congrats, enjoy it and be safe