PDA

View Full Version : bruised rib question

ny300exrider
12-02-2005, 05:59 PM
i got a question about bruised ribs or pulled muscles in the stomach area. after a school wrestling period i noticed a pain coming from the left side of my body around my rib area. i didnt think much of it and it slowly went away but i took my trx90 for a ride yesterday and now its sore again. the question is, if i bruised my ribs in the upper left part of my chest or pulled a muscle around there, is it possible for other parts of my stomach in the kidney area to feel sore too? i have the basic symptoms of bruised ribs, hurts when i take deep breaths, laugh, move in certain spots. i know everyones going to say go to the doctor dont ask on a quad forum, but if its normal for areas around the actual bruised rib to be sore too, than it can save me a trip.

if i had something wrong with my kidney i would think the pain would be really intense but it just feels like the symptoms of bruised ribs or pulled muscles

TheFontMaster
12-02-2005, 06:25 PM
I think I did the same thing you did, but when I fell snowboarding last weekend. I brused my ribs about 3 years ago, never went to see a doctor, the pain went away after a couple weeks, but every now and then it would be a little sore, but nothin big so I just ignored it. Well over the weekend I went to slide a couple tables, the board sliped out from under me and I fell right onto my back from about 3 or 4 feet in the air, and I have had almost constant pain in my ribs since then.

devildriver422
12-02-2005, 08:39 PM
well when i broke my rib it hurt everywhere from my chest to my waist, and when I bruised my ribs it was the same thing, just not as bad. Just wait a couple days and if it doesnt get any better go to the docs

Cody_300ex
12-02-2005, 08:49 PM
I broke three ribs during a football game, diddnt notice it till the end of the game after we won. Hurt to laugh, set-up from laying down, take deep breaths, twist my torso, pretty much everything and anything that had to do with your abdominal/ torso hurt, for about 3 or 4 weeks

ny300exrider
12-03-2005, 06:56 AM
hey thanks for the reply, honestly that sounds alot like what i have, hopefully its the ribs or a muscle, im fine with that. just always have the thought in your mind"kidney" but when i woke up today, i could feel more soreness in my rib area so im thinking its the ribs.